Axiom Home Page
Posted By: ValueCanuck1 Epic Midi Replacement - 09/05/02 06:23 PM
What configuration will you be recommending to replace the old Epic Midi now that the M2Ti has been replaced by the M2i?

With the improvements to the fronts, will you recommend stepping up a level for the some or all of the other speakers in the Midi?
Posted By: alan Re: Epic Midi Replacement - 09/06/02 02:13 PM
Hi ValueCanuck1,

Good question. But the recommendations currently on the site for the Midi system are fine--the QS4 surrounds, and the VP50 center.

The VP150 remains the obvious upgrade for any Axiom home theater system owner who wants the most neutral center channel with superior dispersion and absence of lobing and coloration over a wide arc in front of the speaker. Plus excellent power handling and very clean sound at higher sound levels.

Ian, the designer, might have a different view, but I doubt it.

Regards,
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: Epic Midi Replacement - 09/06/02 02:56 PM
I agree Alan.

After hearing the VP50 and VP100, compared to my VP150 they are really not anywhere close to being as good. I think if you buy M22TI's or up, you should couple it with a VP150, no the VP100 as the home theatre packages have. I find my center channel and M22ti's to be the real strong points of my home theatre. The EP125 is excellent on music but lacking for thundering bass, and the QS4's are great, but I wonder how good QS8's would sound. I would upgrade to those if I could sell the QS4's.
Posted By: john_henderson Re: Epic Midi Replacement - 09/06/02 07:53 PM
Ravi, How much do you want for the QS4's? I have friend that is looking at buying some for a second system he is building in his bedroom.
© Axiom Message Boards