Axiom Home Page
Posted By: medic8r Anybody use Tara Labs speaker cable? - 05/01/06 04:30 PM
Just curious.

The HT installer I'm using is running it in-wall for my 5:1 system. The stuff looks cool to my uneducated eye - almost a cm in diameter. I'm guessing they are serious about preventing electrical interference!

Pix of the progress coming one day! I know, promises, promises.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Anybody use Tara Labs speaker cable? - 05/01/06 08:46 PM
How much are the cables? I am sure you could get the same performance as Tara Labs cables provide at significantly lower cost.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Anybody use Tara Labs speaker cable? - 05/01/06 09:15 PM
I knew someone would ask this. You'd think I'd know off the top of my head, but I'll check my invoice. My HT guy basically said it's a good value cable.
Posted By: ratpack Re: Anybody use Tara Labs speaker cable? - 05/01/06 09:35 PM
As Einstein said: "all things are relative." LOL.
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: Anybody use Tara Labs speaker cable? - 05/01/06 11:08 PM
I think they were raided by the police last year. Something about claiming to be US made when it was offshore.

My memories not what it used to be, it was in 2004
http://www.stereophile.com/news/091304taralabs/

Posted By: medic8r Re: Anybody use Tara Labs speaker cable? - 05/02/06 12:17 PM
Thanks for the link. I remember seeing that story when I Googled them a few months ago.

You gotta figure that if you're going to be so smarmy as to say you make "the cables that God uses" that you are going to be in for some kind of comeuppance. LOL

Guess you should also expect that if you are committing fraud with overseas labelling!

Posted By: JohnK Re: Anybody use Tara Labs speaker cable? - 05/03/06 03:09 AM
J.P., that's yet another reason to take a pass on the Tara Labs wire. Noel Lee has made clear that God uses only Monster Cable.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Anybody use Tara Labs speaker cable? - 05/03/06 01:24 PM
Noel Lee? I'd better refrain from talking about him lest I get sued!

I'm sure there are tons of others, but this link makes it clear what I'm talking about. {scroll down for the good parts}
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: Anybody use Tara Labs speaker cable? - 05/03/06 05:18 PM
I picked up a gaggle of Tara Labs Prism 300i interconnects from ebay (for a song) some years ago. They made great interconnects, very well made, very flexible, very good sounding. I'm very happy with them. Don't know about their speaker wire, but if they are comparable to their interconnects, and the price is good, grab them.
© Axiom Message Boards