Axiom Home Page
Posted By: GregoryD Finally!!!!!! - 05/04/06 11:24 PM
I've been tweaking my new M60s QS8s EP350 & VP175. Wow. Its been a long wait, but well worth it! My only regret is my Wife's insistance on furniture placement!
Posted By: ratpack Re: Finally!!!!!! - 05/04/06 11:34 PM
Great!

Maybe you can work on the wife?? LOL!!!
Posted By: newkid2005 Re: Finally!!!!!! - 05/04/06 11:41 PM
we are used to getting these type of comments from pmbuko !!!!!!!!!!lol
Posted By: RickF Re: Finally!!!!!! - 05/04/06 11:49 PM
OK, I want to know about the VP175 ... sounds interesting.

Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Finally!!!!!! - 05/04/06 11:52 PM
Oh No!! Don't get me started!!! !!!!

......my wife insisted.....

My M50s are in cabinets with absolutely no adjustability! The chairs go there! The fireplace goes there! The door goes there! The windows go there! The floor, the ceiling....arrrrgh!!!

(Ok, the fireplace and doors and windows were non-negotiable.) But speakers in Cabinets??!! Talk about making a bad situation worse!!

And No....

I can't even work on the Wife: We've been married nearly 38 years now and I lost control long ago!!
Posted By: jinhan Re: Finally!!!!!! - 05/05/06 04:36 AM
Congrats on your purchase... Let us know how it sounds!
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Finally!!!!!! - 05/05/06 04:39 AM
Congrats, Wifes are one of those things that are worth working around
Posted By: rcvecc Re: Finally!!!!!! - 05/05/06 10:38 AM

----------------------------------------------------
My only regret is my Wife's insistance on furniture placement
-------------------------------------------------------
start by putting it on the front lawn,by the time it gets back in the house,she will be willing to negotiate
Posted By: ratpack Re: Finally!!!!!! - 05/05/06 01:03 PM
Yeah, right, sure.

Let's see you do it first. LOL!!!
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Finally!!!!!! - 05/05/06 01:10 PM
I could probably sit on the lawn with the furniature for about a week, but then I'd probably like to go back in at some time or other.

....food, bathroom privledges....clean underwear....
Posted By: littleb Re: Finally!!!!!! - 05/05/06 01:41 PM
Yeah, when the aroma of scrumptous food wafts through the air, out the window and up the nostrils of a husband who is taking a stand, the war is over. Combine that with hot pants and high heeled sneakersand you've got a combination that will immediately, and I mean immediately, destroy the will power of an angry, hungry man.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Finally!!!!!! - 05/05/06 02:49 PM
In reply to:

OK, I want to know about the VP175 ... sounds interesting.

Me too!
Posted By: bridgman Re: Finally!!!!!! - 05/05/06 03:06 PM
I want to know about the high heeled sneakers...
Posted By: oz350z Re: Finally!!!!!! - 05/05/06 03:14 PM
In reply to:

Yeah, when the aroma of scrumptous food wafts through the air, out the window and up the nostrils of a husband who is taking a stand, the war is over.

Whoa, wait a minute... did someone order take out!

I hear this all the time about the wives. You boys need to take a stand. Are we not equal partners in this? On second thought if my wife cooked I guess she might have a little more control on me. All I ask for is about 2% of the space. Probably much less but I'll let you math heads figure that out. The speakers go here, now you have all the rest of the space in the room for your furniture. Seems fair to me, no?

oz
Posted By: littleb Re: Finally!!!!!! - 05/05/06 03:46 PM
I don't have any personal experience in this matter, but I bet Rich does.
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Finally!!!!!! - 05/05/06 04:08 PM
Actually guys, the fantasy has ended, the war is over before it starts. (cry)I was effectively defeated many....many years ago.

The old gal learns quick.

Momma wins. The odors wafting outside the house are true, but often as not.....I an helping with the cooking.

Truthfully, however; I'm becoming a pretty fair chef!!

And yeah, my 2% of the space is filled with all the good stuff I wanted too, so....

Gads though; it's been a long time since high heeled sneakers and hot pants were in vogue around my house.

Wonder if I can get her to bring them back!!
Posted By: keend0 Re: Finally!!!!!! - 05/05/06 06:45 PM
If mommy aint happy....aint no one happy!

Where did you get the flipping bills, looks familiar.
Posted By: RickF Re: Finally!!!!!! - 05/05/06 07:19 PM
Where did you get the flipping bills, looks familiar

I dunno about all of those 20s but I have had on occasion (several!) a pocketful of 1s but they went really fast...I mean really fast, with nothing to show but a hangover and a bunch of popcorn kernels stuck in my teeth.

Posted By: RickF Re: Finally!!!!!! - 05/05/06 07:27 PM
Gads though; it's been a long time since high heeled sneakers and hot pants were in vogue around my house.

Rich for some reason I never quite visualized you into that kind of garb, I thought you may have been more of the jeans and shirt type but hey ... I ain't saying nothing.

To each's own, and as long as it don't effect me personally I say do what you feel is right. By all means!

Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Finally!!!!!! - 05/05/06 07:35 PM
We'll have to enjoy those ones while we can. I heard a rumor(or maybe I'm making it up)that with the rapid devaluation of the buck, that it's currently costing the govt. a buck oh three to produce one and put it into circulation, so it's good economic logic to discontinue it.

Gasoline will go to an even fiver and all will be simple again.

Hmmmmmmm.....popcorn and a hangover sounds pretty good right, uh, tomorrow morn.
Rich.

-----------

I once wore a Torreador outfit to a party,...once.....but no heels. The mind boggles!!
Posted By: Rapmon Re: Finally!!!!!! - 05/06/06 01:20 AM
And this is all featured in the Home theater thread?
Sit back and enjoy a movie or something.
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Finally!!!!!! - 05/06/06 01:43 AM
Actually this should more accurately be listed as a "Soap Opera" thread.

This kind of thread degradation usually begins as soon as one of the members comments something like: "My Wife..."

It's usually all "Down hill" from there!!
Posted By: GregoryD Re: Finally!!!!!! - 05/07/06 12:53 PM
That is interesting, its a VP150 sorry!
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Finally!!!!!! - 05/07/06 01:14 PM
Good deal. That's a much better center for sure!

Speaking of furniature placement though, it's amazing just how much of a difference that really makes. Thre are horror stories all through audiodom of how a system can either be made or broken by that forgotten piece of audio equipment.

Yup, the room has a lot more influence than most folks realize.

It can killya.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Finally!!!!!! - 05/07/06 02:44 PM
In reply to:

its a VP150 sorry

We just wanted to make sure you didn't have a custom job!
© Axiom Message Boards