Axiom Home Page
Posted By: danmagicman7 Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/05/06 06:42 PM
I just noticed Axiom has started putting "V2" in the product name.

I know there was some earlier confusion about that, and I guess axiom is trying to address the issue. Some people might actually get scared and think a new line was released, oh well.
Posted By: ratpack Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/05/06 07:59 PM
It was only a matter of time.
Posted By: BassTek Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/06/06 05:12 AM
I assumed it was to help differentiate between the real deal and older stock being sold on ebay. Either way it's a good idea.
Posted By: Tharkun Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/06/06 05:27 AM
In reply to:

We are still in the process of adding the v2 to the sites, but it went into usage at the end of 05 / beginning of 06, to differentiate the current generation of speakers from the original ones. Axiom is constantly making improvements to our speakers, and indeed if you look at an original M80 you'll see an entirely different driver configuration, frequency response, and even cabinet design. Changes to every model of speaker have been made since the line was released - input, in some cases drivers, in some cases crossovers, in all cases cabinet design, etc, etc, and after much discussion it was decided that we should indicate that on the speakers themselves. The performance and hardware changes are cumulative over the last two years, and when we had finished the whole line we added the v2 designation.

Amie Colquhoun
Axiom Audio

This is from another post in reguards to the v2 designation, and the programers have started to make changes to the pages and really has nothing to do with the recent eBay sales.
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/06/06 02:03 PM
Now comes the fun of trying to determine "fer sure" what "we-all" have!!

Let's see, I got "this" set back in...........

I got the plots for what I got, now I got to get the plots for what I ain't.

Rich.
Posted By: ratpack Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/06/06 02:18 PM
Well, I bought my Axioms last Spring (Spring '05) so I guess that I have the current version.
Posted By: LHawes Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/06/06 02:58 PM
From Axiom regarding the M22ti and M22v2 labeling:

"Axiom is always seeking to make improvements to our speakers, whether these involve small mechanical changes, minor crossover changes, cabinet molding, and the like. In the past, when running changes were made, we didn't alter the model number, unless there was a major upgrade, as in the case of the M2, which became the M2i when we changed the tweeter to the identical model used in the M22, M60s, M80 and all the other Axiom speakers.

When we upgraded the tweeter in the QS4 to the same model as the QS8, the sound quality did not change, only the power handling and overall linearity at louder volumes. So we didn't change the model designation.

At recent meetings, we decided there were enough small changes to enough models to use new nomenclature, hence the v2 designation. Finally, there are no audible differences in the M22ti and the M22v2.

Our site programmers are working to change all the text and references, but it takes time because we've been launching our Custom Wood studio.

Feel free to contact me on my direct line, 1-888-243-3236, 9-5 Eastern Time, Monday to Friday, or call the Axiom toll-free number any time at 1-866-244-8796 - any of our Audio Experts would be pleased to help."

Kind regards,

Alan Lofft
Alan@axiomaudio.com
www.axiomaudio.com
1-888-243-3236 (direct)
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/06/06 03:37 PM
I bought my M50s last spring as well; after the plots for it were published by Ian, so I'm hoping that I also have the latest. Last I checked though, the plots weren't currently presenting themselves on the site, so......

Another piece of fun is in my center and surrounds; all M3s.

It's not much of a problem as the surrounds are my older "SE" version speakers(which I prefer, cuz the stickers are prettier)and the center M3 is a newer non-SE.

I've gotta go through my stuff to find out for sure when I got it.

Just a bit more audio fun to get involved in!
Rich.

Posted By: LHawes Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/06/06 04:55 PM
I'm sure not everyone will agree but I think the decision to change the model designation without any significant, or at least any notable changes, will just create confusion and cause many loyal Axiom customers to run to their speakers to see if they own the 'newer' model only to be assured that their is no real 'newer' in newer.

Obviously there is no real harm done, only a bit of avoidable confusion, and please don't accuse me of bashing Axiom as I have never been more pleased with speakers or a company and their incredible customer service but the decision just seems arbitrary and so out of character for such a great company.

What do you think?

Larry
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/06/06 04:56 PM
My M40s will never see a newer version. (sigh)
Posted By: Tharkun Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/06/06 05:02 PM
Well they could end up being a collectable.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/06/06 05:07 PM
Ebay here I come!

Posted By: Stone__Man Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/07/06 07:13 PM
I'm glad there are still those that question things that are not clear to them, other than myself. I applaude you all

If you do start seeing more Axioms on ebay, you can be pretty sure that the 'ol "I got to have the latest and best" bug has bitten. I shall watch "ebay" and this thread with keen interest. so far the OP is taking less of a lashing then I did when I asked

I highly doubt you(or anyone else) is/are going to get a good answer here though. As I don't think there is one. So to take any potential beating off the OP I'll add my observations of this situation and you all can throw rocks at me, and not him/her. I care not.

"Oh look mine are V2, Joe:" "whats different from the original & how much better does it sound Jim?" " Jim, . . . who cares I've got V2's"

yea, I know I don't know crap, there I saved some from saying it themselves in reply :P

Many people get quite defensive when they don't know/have the answers. That is why you can see it in replies to this question.

you can look at just about any consumer product sold, when a new discriptor is added to a product "save mouth wash ,cleaning products and the like with their "new improved formula"," make 2 , model 2, series 2 , version 2, revision 2 what ever. most of them come with a "whats new" or some such, proudly stuck right out front so as to entice you to buy this improved product. It makes people wonder, or it should make people wonder in this case.

will we see the "old" versions going on sale? I doubt it . . .why? I think that should be obvious.

Whats amazing to me is that there are so many Axiom faithful and they themselves do not question this V2 label and what exactly is improved? just seeing the changes noted above and accepting them. I find that strange. And even more amazing that its not put out clearly in the open so questions don't have to be asked about it in the first place.

But then again maybe all these questions have already been answered. And thats as good as its gonna get. we just need to read between the lines.

These are my personal thoughts, and nothing more. Although I feel I speak for those that may be to shy online or afraid of what someone else may think of them. I DO have a flameproof suit BTW :P and do not care what anyone thinks of me.

Its a valid question that has been asked. and the fact that it seems to have turned in some MAJOR big deal to some just cause someone wants to know is really strange to me. . . . quick summon the guards and get the smoke and mirrors.

I've thought about this a few days now and I asked the question initially to hear all the cool real world improvments that have been made with the V2's. that has not happened. no measureable differences? humm . . . can you say 'slick marketing'?

love me , hate me I care not. I speak my mind.

EDIT Below: (just so you all know what I added)
So for anyone wanting to know things don't ask questions that could remotely look negative to an Axiomite. Don't ask about them being "brite" sheesh, trust me on this.

And don't ask why only THREE vinyl pictures of wood coverings are offered at the base price. while the FOURTEEN other yinyl pictures of wood are gonna cost you extra. 57.60 extra for ONE M60. yinyl is vinyl is it not? how on earth could it cost that much more money to apply say "warm cherry" instead of "boston cherry?" I can understand REAL wood veneers costing more as wood cost much more than vinyl. but 14 vinyls costing more than 3 other vinyls is INSANE!!! unless someone can point out clearly how the 14 new vinyls are somehow superior to the 3 originals and more difficult to apply? So, don't ask questions like that either.

In a nut shell, no questions that someone could see as a negaitve toward axioms, PERIOD
and this is tough cause they may well appear to you as simply just questions, or something that your curious about. So be careful as you try to learn and ask questions. Don't say nobody tried to warn you. I just did.

Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/07/06 08:13 PM
Stone_Man, I think you're getting a bit psychotic.

You just re-hash and re-hash things until you become annoying. You'll have to trust me on this, the forum members here are not fanboys. When another product is better suited to someone' needs, by and large the other line will get recommended. But, of course, as most of us are Axiom owners we, in general, like Axioms.

It seem as though you just analyze things to death. Yeah, I know it's a lot of money.

But in essence at this point, you're down to accusing Axiom of fraudulent marketing because there's no clear delineation of the V2 badge in your mind. Guess what? It's clear to me....and I'm no fanboy. They've tweaked the product as the years have gone on...a little here and a little there... and finally made the decision to say "You know what? As a whole, there are a little different than the model we were selling 3, 4 or 5 years ago. Maybe we should tag them a little differently so people don't think that the models being sold today are the same exact items that was sold five years ago". It's not a difficult prospect to wrap your head around. And, even if you can't, that doesn't mean they're trying to "pull a fast one" just because you don't understand it.

Do you really think that they changed the designation so that current Axiom owners can blindly sell off their current speakers to have the "latest and greatest"? Axiom speakers are NOT a bottle of mouthwash, and they've never been marketed that way.

Oh, and the vinyl thing? It's pretty simple that it costs less to work in volume. When they have to switch to a different material from the one they've been using all day, it takes time. Time=Money.

If you feel that you've been shouted down, maybe it's not because we're all fanboys. Maybe it's because you're irritating.

Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/07/06 09:15 PM
And I'm just here for the fun The speakers speak for themselves, I think they're a great value, and sound great too!

I researched the poop out of dozens of other speaker manufacturers before I settled on Axiom. It wasen't just "taking a shot" on something different. I knew exactly what I wanted when I bought my first "Test Pair" of speakers(turns out the were the "SE" version! Ooooo! something special)and I lived with them for quite a while til I was absolutely sure they were exactly the model of exactly the right company. They were. They are!!

When I say "I wonder"; I'm more looking at the oportunity to dig back in the past and look up a fun topic to discuss with other folks who are here for the same thing: To not only listen to our systems but to get more involved beyond just the sonic capabilities as our ears discern them. I'm certainly not trying to find a problem as I don't think any exist. I've been reading this forum for about six years; I've had their products for over five. I feel an attachment with the company gained thru just reading about it in such depth over all these years! I feel nothing but pride in ownership in their products, and hope to get more of their products in the future. I just gotta get permission from my wife. It's been a great ride!

If we hadn't moved south before I "discovered" Axiom, I would certainly be in some of those great company picnic photos!
Rich.

Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/07/06 09:57 PM
Just thought about some of the points I had made in the form of observations, and "Questions" to nobody in particular, over the last few years.

I was looking to update my mains when we got a larger listening room, and I wanted to be sure that my choice was right. I had a number of reservations about one model cuz a lot of folks had been complaining about brightness and sibilance and too foreward, and like that.

I was going back in the threads over the previous few years plotting these problems and noted an interesting phenomenon: The frequency of these complaints were falling off exponentially!!

When I had gotten past the point of no return and purchased my new speakers, the number of complaints regestered had fallen to virtually "zero".

Did I then feel I bought the wrong speakers? No, as I had seen the newly released plots indicating that the speakers I had just purchased had receintly been updated and some of the complaints against "them" had probably been resolved as well!

Not only that, the new speakers sound exactly like what I had searched and researched the subject to death had told me that they would.

My room sucks, and is realistically unrepairable but no way can I blame that on Ian or Amie!

Not only that, but the cabinets that my Wife insists that I put my towers in are only 1.5" taller, inside dimension, than my M50s.

So,...what the hey.

At any rate; Axiom has done nothing but attempt to give the customer exactly what they are looking for in responce to what they are learning from this wonderful community we populate here in this forum.

We asked for different finishes, we got different finishes, we asked(well, some of us with the big bucks did,)asked for real wood in what ever form God and chemists and farmers can supply. And we got it. Sure it may cost as much as a tank of gas for our SUVs, but they're available to us!!

I'm a vinyl kinda guy, myself.

We asked that some of these performance questions be addressed. We told them what "we" wanted! We did....!

.....the new anechoic chamber, test cells and a few sets of golden ears around the plant may have helped a little too.
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/08/06 02:18 AM
More stuff, by the way!

I had done some research this weekend in determining some Axiom history and I found a number of stories and additional info you may find interesting in the "Traveller" column over at "Soundstage"

Kinda cool!
Posted By: Tharkun Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/08/06 02:45 AM
When I have time I will make a post about that cabin in the pic.
Posted By: Tharkun Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/08/06 03:32 AM
You are free to think as you like, but it seems that you do not like the repsonses from us or Axiom in reguards to the v2 issue. Now I see you are off on the differance in the costs of the vinyl, did it occur to you that like many other products on the market, differant vinyls can have a differant cost, and if they cost Axiom more, they need to charge more.
Also as for having a sale on older stock, perhaps you are not aware of how Axiom produces the differant lines of speakers. They do not have large warehouses with speakers packaged and just piled up waiting to be sold and shipped. Whenever one places an order he will recieve the latest/current production model, so other than a couple of new memebers to the board, most Axiom owners don't panic about which version they recieve. But please do watch eBay and let us know how many current owners dump the current Axiom speakers for new ones.
Posted By: real80sman Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/08/06 10:53 AM
Regarding the vinyl, Mark hit it on the head - VOLUME. Not only the time it takes to change out the material being used in the CNC machine, but also the volume of the material being used. They purchase far more vinyl in Boston Cherry than Warm Cherry. This translates to VOLUME DISCOUNT. Of course the other colours are going to cost more. And I see 4 standard base colours - not 3.
Posted By: ratpack Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/08/06 11:59 AM
stone: you may be missing something in your analysis. Look in the instruction manuals for some of your electronic gear for the "disclaimers." I think that you will find that the manufacturer states that they have the right to make changes to the product at any time. And, I don't think that you will find a version 2 or 3 or 4, etc on the revised product.

In short, I don't think that warrants any big deal. Matter of fact, it is NO big deal to me!!
Posted By: Amie Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/08/06 02:12 PM
Stone__Man;

As I explained to you in the last post on this topic, there have been innumerable changes to the product since it launched, and we felt that it was time to make a designation on the website. Although it is clear that the changes to the product were insignificant to you, they wouldn't be to every customer.

The original M80ti

The original VP150

The Original QS4

The Original EP350

Changes are made at Axiom to improve the performance of speakers. From time to time we also make cosmetic improvements to the speakers. Since the Millennia line was launched, we have made improvements to the tweeters, woofers, crossovers, inputs, and amplifiers. We have never been of the opinion that we should introduce a new model number with every change, however, at this point, so many changes had been introduced since the original speakers were launched that it seemed time to call it another generation. I understand that we won't all have the same opinion on this, but to imply that we are trying to fool our customers? Deplorable.

Axiom prides itself on being a research company. Our heritage is research, and when we find that we can increase performance, efficiency or appearance on a model, we implement the change - we don't hold on to the old style until we can change the whole line - we put forward our best foot every day. It is a huge advantage of designing, engineering and manufacturing your own product, and one that we are very proud of.

I understand that there are companies who think research means buying a marketing report from the Consumer Electronics Association. That is not now, nor will it ever be, how we operate at Axiom. Every employee at Axiom is involved in listening tests and experiments - and even guests of ours who post on this message board have been involved in the tests. We are constantly striving to better our products.

Henry Ford was pleased to offer cars in any color the customer wanted - as long as it was black. Many speaker manufacturers share that opinion. We offer four standard finishes, designed to suit a variety of decors. But we're loudspeaker manufacturers, not decorators - so we offer additional finishes that you can order to suit your own decor. We don't stock them - but we are happy to special-order them in for our customers and custom-build products that will make the visual aspect of our product as exciting as the audio aspect - for their tastes.

There are companies who make all their product decisions sitting around in a boardroom without ever listening to their products - or their customers. That is not now, nor will it ever be, the case at Axiom. If you are really concerned about 'getting the truth', please take some time to read about our research and our commitment to development - or even book your next vacation here in the most beautiful part of Canada. Take a plant tour - actually LISTEN to our products - and then decide what you think about our company. Until then, I respectfully ask you to refrain from casting aspersions on the ethics of myself, my husband and our company.
Posted By: Tharkun Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/08/06 02:27 PM
Amie -
Thank you for taking time away from Axiom work to make this post, perhaps it will help clear up some confusion for those who have not had the option of visiting the Axiom factory, meeting you, Ian and the Axiom team. Those of us that have been able to make the trip have the advanatge of understading the operation a bit more than most , and know first hand the type of people that work for Axiom, and the dedication they give to entire Axiom line of products. !!!
Posted By: Ajax Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/08/06 02:46 PM
WOW!
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/08/06 03:13 PM
Way to go Aime!
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/08/06 03:28 PM
Waaaaaayyy more diplomatic than I!
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/08/06 03:32 PM
Ahmen Amie , I just hope the time you took to respond isn't wasted on deaf ears, as it seems most the good advice and suggestions thrown his way have been, just my opinion though.
Posted By: HAY Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/08/06 06:41 PM
Great post.

I felt a little bad after one of my posts to stone man, not my normal thing. But after all his other posts it seemed fitting.
Posted By: ratpack Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/08/06 06:48 PM
Amie: that was an excellent post that members should "keep handy." I suspect that there will be other times that the same words will comfort a newbie.
Posted By: Tharkun Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/08/06 07:59 PM
Well it may very well be to soon to be sure, but he may very well have no intention in making further posts. Since he has rather insulted the Axiom company and accused forum members as being to biased to be trusted in any recomendations they make, could be the last words we hear from him.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/08/06 08:48 PM
I wouldn't count on it
Posted By: Wid Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/08/06 09:27 PM
That was a very good reply Amie. If one cannot understand Axioms stance on research and development after this then it is a lost cause.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/09/06 04:08 AM
Hmmm this stone man seems to remind me a lot of "slownlo". I wonder if he created a new screen name? His avatar is very similiar as well? Take a chill pill bud.
Posted By: ratpack Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/09/06 11:32 AM
I have a saying: "you can be whomever you want to be on a chatboard." And, if you don't like who you've become, you just change your alias.

However, I do tend to take things at face value until I find out otherwise. It very well could be that Stone had concerns and was trying to get some information.
Posted By: Stone__Man Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/09/06 12:55 PM
Interesting what a little more vim and vigor will do for getting a reaction.

everyone can gather round in a circle and high five now that the vagrant has been kicked to the curb, and smile with glee having chastised him so. NOT!

Some of you have not bothered to read my questions here and in other threads rather your simply gleening my posts for "keys" and putting your own spins on what I have actually said. I suggest you read things completely, not just pulling words and half sentences and turning them, to be able to throw yet another rock my way. you know who you are.

I have stated before I'm not afraid of any of you calling me names or whatever stones you may throw. I wouldn't have asked questions to begin with if I were now would I? Again I do feel sorry for anyone that wants to ask any questions about axiom that some of you may find as a smear against your fair axioms, even if your questions are NOT malicious in intent.

as far as V2, points taken, I'm clear on that now, I'm sorry, I felt I had to take the approach I did to get answers. thanks a lot

vinyls? sorry FOUR of them stock NOT three. my bad.PLEAE ALL bear in mind I'm not trying to be nasty in asking what I have , just trying to see what the difference is,as it makes no sense to me. Based on personal knowledge in a woodshop, and ordering product. of course ordering a larger amount of stains would reduce the cost and buying less cost more, thats a simple principal that should be easy for most to wrap their head around. I always ordered more as it would all be used eventually ALL stains cost ME the same $$$ regardless of "color", that is the basis of my question and where it comes from. after all, I did not charge more for a bookshelf stained American Walnut then I did for one stained Honey Oak for example, the labor cost was EXACTLY the same for them. why on earth I am looked at as EVIL or an Axiom ethics basher ,because I question the WHY of it is very well . . .weird. Am I the only one that questions why one vinyl costs more than another? thats interesting. I'd bet that anyone given samples of each vinyl offered (stock or not) they would be VERY similar in quality if not exactly the same. As I'd "guess" the new vinyls are purchased for the same cost of the others(same size rolls). why wouldn't they be? and with that being said you all now know WHY I ask this question. You are not charged more money if you want Boston Cherry instead of Black Ash. those two would have to be changed in whatever machine or apparatus is used to aid in or do the application of the vinyl. so why the others? again I find it a valid question, and again I find it amazing that I'm the only one to question paying more for a different picture of wood. It just doesn't add up to me , sorry if that offends anyone , offending is not my intention, understand is.

Now for those that thought they could throw sh!t at me and not get it thrown back well, I guess you already know you were wrong. I don't need to point out individuals as anyone with half a brain can pick you out of these threads, twisting what I ask to suit your desires, and casting me in an undesirable light at best and an Axiom hater and ethics basher at worst. So , for any that have an interest DO be mindful of the words that were used by me and them.

A few facts for you all.

FACT, I started out in my hifi search here at axiom , due to the fact axioms were used in audioholics.com's 5000$ budget system. I had NO knowledge, and I got some VERY helpful replies to many of the questions that I posed.

FACT, I got many great, informative and helpful replies here. But I noticed a few things, as I started to learn a little bit, and my questions became more point blank as to if axioms would work for me with regard to them being brite, hot or whatever u may term it to be, my questions were viewed by some as daggers of disdain, rather than what they really were, my honest attempt to better understand fine details and discern if axioms were/are indeed going to work for me with my "ear thing".

FACT, I have a inner ear problem with my left ear *due to a firecracker mishap as a youngin' * that gives me VERY annoying sounds in my ear w/ sounds that have ... an emphsized high end. Many a friend's car systems would affect this "ear thing" I have. some concerts , especially when the crowd goes nuts, would do this to my ear. very annoying. Over time( and with the help of hearing tests) I can tell you that it all has to do with tweeters and high Sound levels. * not that you will care about my special circumstances though, as some see my questioning about axioms being brite as a personal attack against them* BUT . . . in case any do care one way could discribe it to make sense to others would be. Your ears are

FACT is I very much want to love the axioms as much as many of you do, but asking someone to view my "BRITE" questions, in any way but slanderous on my part, seems to be beyond the scope or reason for some of you.

FACT I had a feeling my posting in this thread would "hit home", and I see it has. If questioning axioms being brite would bring out such ugliness on the part of some of you, what would questions do that many just never even think to ask do? that also has gone as expected.

FACT, I do want to know if axioms would work for me with my ear problem. THAT is why I ask the questions regarding the axiom sound siggy and if itll work for ME.

FACT, If any of you want to continue to throw personal stones I will give you a curt retort.

FACT, If you want to help me better understand the axiom sound signature and the + & - of it as it pertains to my personal needs I will be VERY GREATFUL. To help you better understand I've thought of a way to discribe my "ear thing" hope it works to get it across and better understand why this "brite" issue is such a BIG DEAL to me. . .

. . . your ears are loudspeakers and mine has a hosed up tweeter! So the parts of sound that emphasize to you that your tweeter is hosed up are (i think) the same things that emphasize my "ear thing" to me. I'd ALMOST be wiling to bet that what shows off a hosed up tweeter is/are the EXACT freq's that do it to my ear.

For what its worth, I have an ear appointment set for the 'somewhat' near future
and I'll make special note of the areas of my hearing most affected.

So . . . IF anyone finds themselves willing to aid in my quest to see if axioms will work for me send me a PM, I'll share the test findings with you via PM. and that way (using PM) you wont have to fear being seen as the "weak" one of the bunch, or some such, that helped the lowly,pot stirring, vagrant, Stone__Man!

FFT (food for thought)
If you use the correct light lense filter, JUST right, you can reveal BEAUTIFUL spots on a leppard you didn't know it had. . . . Conversely, poke it with a sharp stick and see what spots you reveal.

Peace . . . Out

Stone__Man

I don't spell chk get over it :P
Posted By: medic8r Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/09/06 02:25 PM
link
Posted By: Ajax Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/09/06 02:28 PM
Stone, no one minds you asking questions, and all are willing to help. But, you have to consider HOW you are asking those questions. Without intent perhaps, you've stepped on a lot of toes around here.

You seem to imply that only by asking pointed questions are you able to get a response. I sorta feel that you get responses that you don't seem to understand, and hence, keep asking the same questions over and over, each time getting more hostile.

For example.

In reply to:

Am I the only one that questions why one vinyl costs more than another? thats interesting. I'd bet that anyone given samples of each vinyl offered (stock or not) they would be VERY similar in quality if not exactly the same. As I'd "guess" the new vinyls are purchased for the same cost of the others(same size rolls). why wouldn't they be? and with that being said you all now know WHY I ask this question.

This has been explained several times in this thread, yet you still keep hammering away at it. Axiom stocks four vinyl finishes. That means they can order that vinyl IN LARGE QUANTITY, which means they get a substantial quantity discount for those 4 finishes and are able to pass along that discount to purchasers. They do however, as a courtesy, offer a number of other finishes which must be special ordered. Special orders don't qualify for a quantity discount because they are purchased in small quantities, only as needed. Thus, they cost Axiom more than the regularly stocked vinyl, which means they must charge more for speakers in those finishes.

You seem to feel that Axiom should order LARGE QUANTITIES of each and every vinyl and keep them in stock. This would tie up a huge amount of capitol in an inventory that would only be tapped on occasion. It wouldn't be cost effective. Worse, you seem to imply that Axiom is 'stupid" or "dishonest" because they DON'T stock all this vinyl. Surely you understand "special orders" cost more. That's why they are "special."

My beloved Rockets only come in only two standard finishes, and they are discontinuing one of them. Perhaps that's because they are finding it difficult to obtain that veneer. But, perhaps they are doing so because it is the less popular finish, and it hasn't proved cost effective to keep it in stock.

One mistake you've made is to come in here without taking the time to understand the dynamic in play on this forum. What I mean is, you just barged in the door asking harshly phrased questions, got peckish when you didn't get what you consider to be good answers, and kept asking the same questions getting more and more insulting each time. Yes, we are all a little sensitive about the use of the word "bright." Many who dislike the Axiom sound use that word as an insulting, derogatory term to denigrate Axiom speakers. Does it seem unreasonable that we would react defensively to the use of such a pejorative term? Trust me. Had you done a similar thing, i.e. repeatedly refer to Rockets as laid back or muffled, over at the av123 forum, you would have received a similar reaction. I've seen it happen there as well as here.

I'm sorry if you've been offended, but you've offended us. You've insulted Axiom, their product, and the members of the forum. What surprises us is that you seem completely oblivious to that fact, and completely justified in doing so.

Posted By: Tharkun Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/09/06 02:41 PM
I think Jack has made his points well, and perhaps you should do some serious thinking of what he has posted. I for one have read all of your posts on all of the other forums and I'm not just picking out certain things you state here.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/09/06 03:18 PM
In this case, the squeaky wheel got a big pot of boiling oil poured on it

instead of being spot treated with an oil can.

Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/09/06 03:20 PM
In this case, the squeaky wheel

got a big pot of boiling oil poured on it

instead of being spot treated with an oil can.

Posted By: n8wrl Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/09/06 04:03 PM
Good afternoon!

It sounds like you do have special circumstances to consider with your hearing. I can appreciate that - my father suffers from a chronic ringing in his ears which makes certain types of sounds very annoying, sometimes painful.

Given that, I don't think anyone here can tell you whether Axioms will or won't work for you under these circumstances. As is always the case for evaluating such a subjective product as speakers, you are going to have to audition them yourself with material you're familiar with. You may like them, or you may not, but that is the only way to _really_ know.

Good luck, and let us know what you decide!

-Brian n8wrl
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/09/06 05:10 PM
I like what Mark, Amie, Jack, Dennis and Brian said.

Stone_Man, this is just not that kind of place. You've questioned the literacy, integrity and intent of not only the company but also the board members. You've offered nothing useful in return. You continue to complain that everyone is picking on you for asking questions that have either already been answered in good faith, or cannot be answered by anyone but you.

If there were substantial performance changes between original Axiom models and newer Axiom versions, Axiom would likely have gone to a substantially different naming convention (M24 or M65 or whatever). There is nothing sacred about the current model names. In fact, I believe Axiom is probably reducing the number of potential upgrade sales by being honest about the aspects that have - and have not - changed.

And stop telling me to "get over" the spell check thing while accusing everyone else of not reading your posts carefully. Your credibility could be enhanced by listening, thinking and writing more clearly. Or maybe by actually hearing and intelligently commenting on some speakers that present a common experience with others. If you don't like certain Paradigms, you probably won't like Axioms. Did I miss where you provided a frame of reference that we could possibly understand?

Do a forum search on "bright". Read five years worth of comments. Nobody here needs to reassert what's already been discussed ad nauseum.

Order the speakers or don't. You'll like them or you won't. Nobody here can help you except you.
Posted By: Stone__Man Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/09/06 07:41 PM
SQUEAK . . . SQUEak . . . SQueak . . Squ . . . WHIRRRRR :P

my thoughts like them or not.

My thinking was that vinyl of ANY color would have cost the same. If they indeed do not... I'm content with the answers received. Pardon my curiosity and my edgy delivery on the matter. It felt like pulling dino chompers with a pair of tweezers .I knew what I had to do to get the answers, people are perdictable at times. Some will understand it , some won't. In the end I got my answers...CASE CLOSED!

I wonder if scripts come along with links like that lol , come now . . . if your gonna try to BOX someone like that at least get it right Dr. lol
I know a bit more about people then I shall discuss any further. . . I'll leave it at that.

As far as seeing me elsewhere goes, would anyone guess why that is? As was mentioned prior one can be whoever they want to be online and try to dupe people or reinvent different persona's , for WHATever reason. I don't care who reads my posts or where they read them, and to imply that I am this way , or that way , meanm, pighead , stupid , slanderous or any such thing is nonsense. I don't ask , are you sure your right? why on earth would you think that way? and sh!t like that (that BTW I see MANY people do, weilding their knowledge like excalibur , to smite thine enemies *real or imagined*) I am ALWAYS VERY THANKFUL and make it a point that others can see my appreciation for sharing their thoughts, feelings and or views on ANYthing I ask. So lets not imply that I am just a rude "toe stepping mean guy online."

If ANY of you that have helped me with any questions I have asked and my having been rude or ungreatful please do tell ( prior to my GRAVE error of asking about Axioms being BRITE and getting not so nice replies thrown my way.) that is. I am Stone__Man everywhere I go, I hide from noone or nothing. Period.

I'm quite sure there are LOTS that can't say the same of their online demeanor and different personas.

funny all the different ways i had to ask the same questions to get them noticed and answered in a satisfactory way ... and yes TO ME. maybe others understood sooner SORRY that I did not.

Many of you seem to think I'm some Axiom hater, that is nonsense. I find that quite humorous actually. LMAO Just goes to show how little some can view things from outside their little world.

There should be a STICKY on EVERY hifi related forum as what KEY words NOT to use, so as to not get a tongue lashing for using them, ill intent or innocent in origin.

I'll share a general disappointment with ALL this online stuff . No matter what the product is, people are WAY to hung up on what they have . and precious few can answer questions, from the perspective of the person asking , from outside themselves if you will, cause they are so pinned down by the constant defending of their decisions/views against the haters and those that believe otherwise.

crackheads don't "hang" at the opera house, nope, we like to surround ourselves with others that have the same, habits, feelings, interests whatever. It comforts us. It helps justify what we like/do or how we view things.

( I must state for the record there are indeed a few of those here that are able to see things from anothers perspective, sorry I'm not gonna try to name them all , but , Ajax is one that comes to mind) <--- I hope you don't mind my saying that, Ajax.
He has such an amazing way with words. A way of using them that is easily understood by anyone. a rare gift indeed. I am VERY thankful to/for you and others that can and do exibit such tact, and have such a command of the english vernacular.

From what I have read ( and its been a LOT) SUBS are far and away the king of the FANBOYS in the audio world that will try to eat anyone ALIVE for the wrong word spoken.

For anyone else new that comes round if would be GREAT if EVERYone could hear them out, and by ALL means give them the benifit of the doubt, and don't just assume they are trying to knock your product/s. spare them the mud slinging. as it seems quite easy for others, from the safe confines of their chair, to "get on the band wagon" So to speak.

that being said, I honestly am sorry for any and all "toes" I have stepped on in this process of trying to get answers that satisfied ME. I am a good person believe it or not, and i PROMISE that as I learn I will NEVER belittle anyone for asking any question even if they do happen to use one of the KEY words that set others off.

I think everyone should strive to share their knowledge in a thoughtful way , and from outside themselves, remembering that at one point you didn't know sh!t from shine-ola either. <--- stole that from my Grandpap

to end, I'd like to reiterate. I come seeking knowledge, and to try to understand to the best of my ability , this most amazing and detailed world of HIFI. Along the way there were some things that soured on me, and I didn't present myself in the most kind of ways so SORRY for the angles I had taken to get a few questions answered. The main thing I want people to know is 3000$ may or may not be a lot of money for some. To me its a HUGE amount of money and I am trying to put together a KICK @SS system. I've waited MANY years to be able to afford this, so couple that with the fact that I am thorough to a fault. The fact that I have the systems that I on my list of choices should speak to those facts. When I start to overload myself, I know know I need to take a break step back. I didn't do that at all times and the strain has shown through in some of my postings, combine attitudes bad things are sure to happen as they did. Some may be suprised that I am still here, but I said it several times I'm not hiding from anything , including the errors of my ways. I want to learn all I can, cause I know me, I'd be SOOOOO mad at myself for just settling for something, especially as I have the "ear thing" and this to me again is a HUGE purchase. So when I ask something don't be so quick to judge me. with that being said, again IF anyone would like to help me (especially interpriting graphs) I would be MOST greatful. If noone wants to help me determine if axioms will or wont work for me thats fine to, It'll just make my list that much shorter. Don't think I'm trying to get everyone to like me I am not, I see what I have done. I've spoke about it ...
love me hate me . . . thats that fat cat.
i l b c n u
Stone__Man straight up
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/09/06 08:34 PM
You know what, I'll try.

Here is a straight question. What speakers (brands/models) have you critically listened to that you liked or disliked and why?

Without that kind of information, there is no way for anybody to have an intelligent opinion about whether or not you might enjoy Axiom speakers.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/09/06 08:36 PM
And please (pleaaaaase?) try to be concise.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/09/06 08:59 PM
My exact feelings Peter, one will find they will get better feedback if they stay focused and to the point. Writing a novel each time only detours the responses dude.

Peace Out
Posted By: Stone__Man Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/09/06 09:01 PM
just saw this
In reply to:

And stop telling me to "get over" the spell check thing while accusing everyone else of not reading your posts carefully.

LMAO your something else.

Firstly I don't recall ever saying "tomtuttle" "get over" ANYthing.

Secondly your obviously guilty as to NOT reading what I have written, lol I didn't accuse EVERONE of anything.
I used the word SOME and even MOST a few times that I recall. If I did make the mistake of saying everyone, EVERYONE I'M SORRY! Some of you do read and not just glen posts for negatives.

THIS is the first time I have singled anyone out that I recall, and it shall be the last time I indulge you or anyone with such a rebuttal.

But this "attempt" of yours does not suprise me as you helped get the ball rolling to begin with, but I don't have to tell you that do I, tomtuttle?

there I've come to your level, made it PERSONAL , you happy now? I hope so cause it won't happen again on this forum. I'm not gonna play stupid games. If you wanna PLAY send me a PM, It'll be just between us. Oh, wait, ... that just wont do will it? As you wouldn't be able to try to make yourself look good and make me look bad in front of your peers. oh for shame.

I'm glad you have done this , by George, I think I see more leppard spots!

I've added a spel chek FUNNY at the end of several posts , its just something I sometimes do man. nothing personally directed to ANYone. lighthearted fun . how on earth you've taken to view this as something against you is well. . . laughable LMAO. RELAX MAN! Sheeshhh & GET OVER YOURSELF!

me no shell sheeck GET OVER IT! anyone else taking that as personal? I rest my case .
Stone__Man
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/09/06 09:18 PM
AAAAHHHHH!!!!!, oops was that in my mind or did I just post it
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/09/06 09:28 PM
Jesus H. Chrysanthemum, dude.... Take a valium or something.
In reply to:

RELAX MAN! Sheeshhh & GET OVER YOURSELF!

Before you go handing out advice, it is best to be an example of it yourself.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/09/06 09:30 PM
he should also apologize to DanMagicman for hijacking this thread.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/09/06 09:39 PM
So, you gonna answer Tom's question about what speakers you've listened to and liked, or are you going to continue lambasting us for supporting a company that's done right by virtually all of us?

Let me separate that out:
Answer the questions we ask, and maybe you'll get answers you claim to want.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/09/06 09:45 PM
In reply to:

Writing a novel each time only detours the responses dude.

... and draws the attention of the board's psychiatrist ...

You know, this board has been an entertaining diversion from work, a nice lunch break activity, etc. Today it seems a little too much like work. Many times I ask my clients, "Are you listening to the words that are coming out of your mouth?" Seriously. Lack of insight into one's own behavior is a major reason that people see guys like me. Another is misinterpreting the actions of others, which leads to miscommunication and further bothersome behavior.

As always, ultimate change must come from within. Stone__Man, whether you are intending to or not, you are becoming a troll. I'm not saying this because you criticize others or our speakers. We're not looking for "yes men" here. I'm saying this because you are coming off as antagonistic, abrasive, and defensive almost to the point of paranoia.

And there's only one way to deal with trolls. Stop feeding them.

Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/09/06 09:47 PM
Ooh, board shrink! You do remote consultations?
Posted By: medic8r Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/09/06 09:49 PM
At least this once, apparently. Usually I turn off my superpowers after 5:00.
Posted By: Wid Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/09/06 10:02 PM
I will try to address the hearing (or ear) problems you talk about.

I too have had trouble with my ears for a numbers of years. I have had far to many inner ear infections to even count. At one point haveing to have drain tubes inserted into my ears for right about six months or so.

I also have had some pretty serious bouts with sinus problems affecting my hearing. As of right now I have a ringing in both my ears (tinnitus) I cannot or will not ever get rid of. There is times when this gets to the point that I have pretty sharp pains that shoot through my left ear and causes me a tremendous amount of pain. To rid myself of this I have to go on a series of different medications.

When I went to the ENT for my last hearing test it was noted that I had some hearing loss in the higher frequencies starting at 4 KHz. It was not substantial but it was indeed there.

Now on to the Axioms and their affects on my ear problems. I can with out reservations tell you that my M80s has no ill affects on my ability to enjoy my music. As a matter of fact it is a blessing that I found a speaker that I can clearly hear a cymbal when brushed or hit. Other instruments are (to me) reproduced as if they were right in the room with me. A guitar sounds like what it does in person, same goes for the piano, brass instruments and every other forms of reproduced music I have had the pleasure of hearing.

I hope this gives you some comfort in knowing that even though my hearing is far from perfect I can still sit down with my favorite tunes and the Axiom M80s bring a big sh!t eating grin to my face every time.

BTW is there a speaker, either past or present, that you have listened to that could give us some sort of referance as to what you like?

Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/09/06 10:20 PM
There goes Rick, trying to be all "helpful" again.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/09/06 11:14 PM
J.P, you are indeed a welcome addition to the forum.

Stone, at the risk of assuming J.P.'s role, I find it telling that, rather than see Tom's question as a genuine attempt to help you, which is precisely what it was, you chose to interpret it as something other than an olive branch of peace, and continue to rag on him. Very interesting.

I hope you'll do better with Wid's attempt to help.
Posted By: ratpack Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/10/06 03:23 AM
Stone: let me try a little different way to address your issues of hearing problems and not being able to audition various speakers.

It may be considerably more beneficial for you to focus on your receiver's characteristics rather than the sound of a particular speaker. Most receivers have a treble control and/or equalization that you can program. You could probably adjust your receiver to suit your listening desires and not worry about the speakers.

Just something to think about.
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/10/06 07:02 AM

Posted By: ratpack Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/10/06 12:43 PM
What makes you think that we have war?
Posted By: Stone__Man Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/10/06 01:47 PM
THis is my LAST post to this thread. SORRY danmagicman7 for the hijacking.

An explanation if I may. I started to reply to tomtuttle's assumptions of me telling him about getting over it. low and behold . . . I had to do something else. . leaving the pc as it was. I come back finish telling him my thoughts on his 'attempt' hit continue and what to my suprise do I see several more posts including one frm him. So, as much as many of you think I'm sick or whatever. please keep in mind, my PRIOR post as not at all what I wuold consider negative and wanting to put the ugly sh!t behind then bam . . . I need to stop telling him to GET OVER IT. what I joke. I in no way at any time that I recall telling anyone to get over anything. his insecurity or whatever it was , was answered, as i'm not going to be the whipping boy simply cause I asked some questions that some didn't like, and put my foot down. ..... so that is where we are now, I look even WORSE than I already did, cause I had to do something other than reply to him. and to top it off NOone seems to think ANYthing wrong of his saying what he did. quite strange and sad on the parts of some, but not suprising as TT is in the 'click' and I'm not. Oh my buddy? no he didn't do anything wrong officer.

being that a DOCTOR has so professionally spoken I shall break my oath to not get into personal sh!t with others on the forum. who am I to deny a DR his fun?

An open to the public exam by a DR. thats professional by anyones standards and ethics isn't it? NOT! by the way, what's your assessment of the situation now then DR? this has absolutely gone beyond rediculous.,since you seem to imply that I have a problem. If you were at all concerned about any problem you think I have, I think a professional would have sent me a PM to discuss it with me, 'maybe' even offer help, not a public display such as yours. but . . . it IS more fun to poke people in pubic when you have no concern for them anyway now isn't it? and with the immunity the internet affords, why not. and smug to boot. I'm honored.

As i said to tomtuttle if any of you want throw sh!t at me , keep it off the board, do it in an PM, I'll gladly plaster you. outside of that I will not take any more public lambasting from any of you PERIOD

WALK A MILE IN MY MOCCASINS

So is this going to be how it is for me on this forum? always blasted for somethings I have asked , opinions expressed and also said SORRY for? bringing past sh!t up just cause some may think its fun? I can assure you I will not take it lying down.

I'm not visiting ANY of the boards I do to 'be one of the gang'. I could care less who likes me and who don't. I can see that fitting in being important to some, just not me. Why I'm hear is, I want a awesome set of speakers that will please me for many years to come. negativity didn't come from me till it was directed at me. NOT ONE of you can say before I asked about Axioms being brite that I was any way out of line, a bit confused and misguided maybe , but ALWAYS greatful I'm a big enough man to admit my wrongs and appologize for them, some of you need to check yourselves, and lets move on for crying out loud.

now that is out of the way. I shall address as best I can in another thread the questions asked of me here, btw thanks to those that showed a level keel. It didn't go unnoticed . I thank you & appreciate it.

Stone__Man

wonder how many posts I missed in typing this and the breaks I had to take in doing so.

Posted By: medic8r Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/10/06 02:27 PM
I have sent you a PM.

However, in my defense, this is a forum, which is by definition a group discussion. We air all kinds of dirty laundry all of the time. At no time have you and I entered into a doctor-patient relationship, so I am free to discuss my observations in public, especially when I think that it will involve the group as a whole.

Still, they have PMs available for a reason, so I have sent you one.

Looking forward to continued discussions with you all.
Posted By: Stone__Man Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/10/06 03:20 PM
Not sure what happend , if you sent PM to wrong person or what , I refreshed and there are NO PM's in my box Doc. Unless they only allow a WEE amount of msgs in the inbox here. I see nothing that says it is full or some such.

I must be honest and straight up as I always strive to be..

I don't have much "faith" in what you may have to say to me, as being genuine. I think the dr./patinet 'faith" has been broken and we never even got to that point, due to how you represented yourself here. I'd have a hard time considering ANything you would say to me as anything more than a devious ruse on your part. forgive me if you will.

as for the rest, if you feel so inclined to POKE at me, please use the PM as I wont be visiting this thread again PERIOD
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/10/06 03:27 PM
And still not one reply to the actual attempts at help or good advice given.
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/10/06 03:27 PM
I've always wondered why wars don't last a long time with PM's than they do on forums. That's because they need 1 component: an audience. Otherwise, insults don't get quite the same sting and each side's efforts to embarrass each other no longer matters because no one knows.

Honestly, trying to solve an issue without trying to impress or sway other reader's views about the other person in an argument would work a lot better. That is why PM's are good, and dealing with personal issues on boards are bad.

That's just a random thought I have had as a result of being involved in lots of forums....just a thought. We all love each other here? Right?
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/10/06 05:03 PM
Stone_Man,

I decline your offer to meekly suffer without comment those remarks specifically directed at me.

I will neither solicit nor respond to "plastering" or "lambasting" via PM. What I have to say can and should be said in public.

I want to publicly apologize for my lack of writing precision that has obviously led to board discord. I should not have said

And stop telling me to "get over" the spell check thing while accusing everyone else of not reading your posts carefully.

What I SHOULD have said was

I am offended by the contradiction posed by your glib signature lines absolving you for grammatical and spelling errors with your simultaneous assertions that other users are not reading your posts carefully

I stand by everything else I have written, including the numerous times in your earlier threads where I legitimately and honestly tried to be of assistance to you. Regardless of what comes next, I will henceforth not participate in any threads where you are a central character.

I find virtually no objective evidence that anyone has "thrown sh!t" at you at any time.

I am offended by your recent comments directed at me and medic8r and by your earlier aspersions about Axiom marketing and production practices.

I enjoy and appreciate the many genuine friendships I have made through this medium. There is no secret handshake. Relationships are built through intelligence, dignity, respect, common interests and humor.

I wish you good luck in finding a satisfying audio system. You have my thanks and respect for your ongoing service to our country.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/10/06 05:05 PM
Luckily I had the PM text in my clipboard, so I pasted it into a new PM for you. Have a nice day!
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/10/06 05:18 PM
Tom wrote:
In reply to:

I want to publicly apologize for my lack of writing precision

Tom, you're the most precise, articulate writer I know! When you and Jack have a dialog going back and forth, my eyes bleed!

You're doing fine, buddy!
Posted By: Tharkun Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/10/06 05:46 PM
I agree but you also need to add Amie in my opinion.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/10/06 05:59 PM
You're right Dennis!

She just doesn't post here often enough for me to remember how good a writer she is!
Posted By: michael_d Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/10/06 06:02 PM
So what's one have to do to become a "fanboy"???

I liked your reply Amie. That was a very nice ass chewing. Would you mind giving my other half some tips? I'm tired of getting smacked by whatever's withing arm's reach of her.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/10/06 09:53 PM
In reply to:

Tom, you're the most precise, articulate writer I know!

AMEN!

In reply to:

...you also need to add Amie in my opinion.

AMEN AGAIN!
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/10/06 10:20 PM
Ya'll all talk purty!

Bug
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/11/06 12:53 AM
I always hated English class.
Posted By: AdamP88 Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/11/06 02:06 AM
Reminds me of my years in Oklahoma.

I'm fixin' to head down to the store. Y'anta come along?
Posted By: DOUBTINGTHOMAS29 Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/11/06 02:28 AM
Both sides of this issue should let it go.
Posted By: ratpack Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/11/06 02:44 AM
Sometimes things have to take their natural course to a finish. I'm not sure that this is over.
Posted By: Gieseman Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/11/06 05:12 AM
All I can say is I was on the fence but after reading what Amie had to say. All I can say is I'm all in. Oh and I travel a lot and I would love to see the Axiom shop.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/11/06 07:08 AM
You won't be dissapointed
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/11/06 01:52 PM
Gieseman,

It's just hard to beat the 30 day trial to find out for yourself.
Posted By: ratpack Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/11/06 10:59 PM
Wonder how many are actually sent back? I suspect that it is very few.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/12/06 03:34 PM
I suspect that you are correct.

I bet the majority of returns are for upgrades.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 05/12/06 03:50 PM
Probably mostly for upgrades.
Posted By: Jim_Perkins Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website - 02/27/07 12:50 AM
Hello,
I was wondering if I should update my signature line to reflect that I have the 'ti' version of M22's and not the 'v2' version. the quoted text was attributed to Alan, but he must have made the comment in an email, cause when i searched the forum's, I couldnt find it. I just want to be sure that when I describe my M22's , that I am giving my sonic description of what could be purchased now.

So is it still true that the currently sold M22v2 has no audible differences from the M22ti's that I purchased on 11/23/2004 ?

thanks
and sorry to bump a post with so much negativity.

rperkins

Quote:

From Axiom regarding the M22ti and M22v2 labeling:
...snip ...
Finally, there are no audible differences in the M22ti and the M22v2.
<

© Axiom Message Boards