Axiom Home Page
Posted By: zest toe in - 05/14/06 02:11 PM
any thoughts on toeing in the left and right mains, currently i sit approx. 12 feet from the left and right mains, the speakers are around 8 feet apart. I read somewhere that you should only toe in , if you sit closer than 8 feet to them
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: toe in - 05/14/06 02:36 PM
I don't think there is any set rule about it. Try them toed in, toed out, straight forward, and listen to the difference in sound (if any). The best thing about it--free audio tweak!

Posted By: bugbitten Re: toe in - 05/14/06 02:52 PM
Experiment using test tones. You can get up, move the speaker, sit back down, and hear the tone. I found it easier than using a cd.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: toe in - 05/14/06 03:11 PM
I sit about the same distance away and after some experimenting I use a slight toe in, it seems to direct the sound to exactly where I want it.
Posted By: sonic Re: toe in - 05/14/06 05:51 PM
Hi everyone. This is my first time on the message board. I sit very close to my speakers, approx 7 feet from the sweet spot, and spaced them 6 feet apart. I toed them in so that in stereo mode the vocals "look" and sound like they are coming from the center channel. Give it a try, if the center speaker sounds like its on and its not, Im sure your ok.
Posted By: JohnK Re: toe in - 05/15/06 02:23 AM
Z, because you're sitting a bit far from the speakers, considering the 8' separation(a basic rule of thumb is to have about the same separation as your distance from the speakers), the amount of toein would be small. The basic idea is to have the tweeters pointing at your ears.
Posted By: ratpack Re: toe in - 05/15/06 02:28 AM
I'd be interested to hear how your experiment goes.
© Axiom Message Boards