Axiom Home Page
Just wanted to show you guys my home setup. Just built my center speaker stand today. None of the wood matches, but it is still great having my center there. Without further adue, here are the pictures (with Finding Nemo, one of the best movies of all time playing):

Computer Setup. Laptop on right side of desk, tower down below. Phantom Fireworks catalog on my desk. *evil grin*

I tried to pull off a cool camera angle here.

My left M22 enjoys listening to cheap radioshack headphones whose wire is being held together with scotch tape (only for WoW sessions, music sounds terrible).

Back right QS4.

Back left QS4.

Thats all! Typical guys bedroom? Plenty of toys .

My axioms sound soooo much better than they do in my dorm room. Having the M22's set far apart with me sitting at my desk gives a great soundstage. sounds like the singers are singing right from my monitor. Have yet to watch a movie, but I'm confident the QS4's will sound much better not tucked under a bed or being hung from a closet like in my dorm.

Thanks for looking!
Cool setup, you finally gave those M22's some room to play
Looks GREAT!!!!

Now, just sit back and enjoy!
Nice. But the lack of legroom under the desk would sertiously bug me. I'm 6'4", though.
Dang, you don't look that tall in the pictures I've seen.
you should place your sub under the tv in the right corner

it will gives you more leg room and will also server as a stand for your tv..

Hmm, I'll have to try moving the sub.

It seems that even if I have the crossover set low for the sub, I still get a directional sound from the low noises. Maybe I should try again.

I'm hoping to just connect my VCR to my monitor and receiver and rid the 25+ year old TV, but I'll probably end up wanting to just watch TV not on my computer. I like the TV on the sub idea .

I just put my feet to the side, or I tuck them under my chair, so the sub being there really doesn't bother me. Yes, I am tall too, 6'1". However, my legs are abnormally large and my torso is small. If I have a shirt properly tucked into my pants, I almost look like steve erkel. :P

Thanks guys! Keep the comments coming. And don't make fun of my colorblindness when I stained the shelf supports...I used the same stain as I did for the wall...promise.

I connected a VCR to my pc via a LINE-in on my videocard and it was nice, but in the end it's not really pratical. If you want to watch tv and do something else (like surfing the web) you allways have to move the tv window to see what's under it.

I ended up with a dual monitor setup : 21" widescreen + 17".

But if you want to play a game and watch Tv, it's really CPU intensive, so having a separate TV in less painful. Since yo u already have it, you should keep it.

placing my sub in the corner did an improvement in my setup, so I will suggest that you at least try it.

BTW , it's really a nice setup for a bedroom. The only thing is that you could try to hide the cables a bit

Nice.

Definitely a guy's room, especially with paneling.
Nice use of space. The ear phones seem redundant.

Even though I am only 5' 15", I agree with Pete on the legroom.
Ooooh, just watched episode 1. What an awesome experience.

I think the wood panelling is accoustically awesome or something, because the room isn't overly reflective, but for some reason the bass and highs are way more vibrant than I was hearing in my dorm room. Also, the really nice thing about having a wooden floor and wooden walls is, if you are leaning against the wall or sitting on the floor, the bass reverberates and vibrates the wood. Built in bass shakers for the whole room .
That room is totally hardcore.

© Axiom Message Boards