Axiom Home Page
Posted By: yoyoverizon Denon HDMI Experts? - 05/19/06 05:14 AM
Quick Denon 2807 HDMI question.

I can get component video out to my Sony working np. When I connect an HDMI cable out to my sony. I dont get ANY picture, not even the setup screen for the denon.

I have an XBOX and Scientific HD box going in on component and optical.

This is not a Tivo / Cable Box HDMI question. I have no HDMI devices going into my Denon. I'd just like to get HDMI out to my tv to save cables /space etc.

Any ideas? component works like a charm.

I've searched the web and found plenty of links for the cable box quesiton, but nothing on this.

Thanks

YYV
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Denon HDMI Experts? - 05/19/06 06:46 AM
I believe you would need a video source going into your 2807 in order for it to provide video for the TV, the 2807 would not produce video on its own.
Posted By: ratpack Re: Denon HDMI Experts? - 05/19/06 11:35 AM
Your question is a little confusing. Are you talking about Sony, Denon or both?

If you aren't connecting any video sources to your audio receiver, why are you expecting video out via HDMI, unless it is the setup menu?
Posted By: yoyoverizon Re: Denon HDMI Experts? - 05/19/06 11:51 AM
I have Component Video into my Denon for the XBOX and cable. I'm trying to go HDMI out, not like the comonenet that I'm doing. I thought that the Denon could "convert" component video in to HDMI out.

That's what I'm trying to do. I hope that's a little more clear.

Posted By: yoyoverizon Re: Denon HDMI Experts? - 05/19/06 12:56 PM
ALL fixed. Crutchfield told me to switch and HMDI out setting from component to RGB. That did it. This was from Denon according to crutchfield.

Thanks for you help.

SPP
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Denon HDMI Experts? - 05/19/06 03:25 PM
Cool, glad you got it fixed.
© Axiom Message Boards