Axiom Home Page
Posted By: audiofan Is wall bracket for QS4 strong enough? - 05/26/06 06:59 PM
Hi,
Is Full Metal Bracket for QS4 strong enough to hold the speaker? I see only one scree behind QS4. I am thinking of getting this one since the T bracket is too close to the wall and i can't use banana plug.
http://www.axiomaudio.com/fullmetalbracket.html

thanks.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Is wall bracket for QS4 strong enough? - 05/26/06 07:03 PM
I would guess the bracket is more than strong enough, you might want to make sure you mount into a wall stud though.
Posted By: audiofan Re: Is wall bracket for QS4 strong enough? - 05/26/06 07:09 PM
thanks.
I will install it in stud . However, i am worry about the mount from bracket to speaker. QS4 has only one screw in the back.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Is wall bracket for QS4 strong enough? - 05/26/06 07:31 PM
I used the T and bare wire. No problem. Sheetwall plastic anchor only.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Is wall bracket for QS4 strong enough? - 05/26/06 07:41 PM
Yes, it's strong enough. That's the same type of mounting screw that's used on tripods.
Easily strong enough. I used the full metal bracket with the QS8's for awhile, til I switched them to my bookshelf speakers that I use for 7.1, with no problems.
Posted By: HAY Re: Is wall bracket for QS4 strong enough? - 05/29/06 02:27 AM
QS4 9lbs
VP150 21lbs

I've had my VP150 mounted with a FMB for well over a year with no issues.
Posted By: audiofan Re: Is wall bracket for QS4 strong enough? - 06/06/06 09:27 PM
Thanks. The reason i want to use FMB because i want to use banana plug and i can't stand bared wire...:)
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Is wall bracket for QS4 strong enough? - 06/06/06 11:34 PM
Is there a way to make spades work?

To me, it seems like a lot of trouble and money just so that you can use banana plugs instead of bare wire, the sonic benefits of which are arguable. But you should enjoy whatever solution you implement.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Is wall bracket for QS4 strong enough? - 06/06/06 11:46 PM
BTW, I'm totally wrong with that tripod bit up there. Not the same thing, nevermind.
Posted By: RickF Re: Is wall bracket for QS4 strong enough? - 06/06/06 11:47 PM
I too like the idea of using the quick connects such as banana plugs on all of my speakers as well but our four wall mounted QS8s are all connected using the bare speaker wire because this allows us to flush mount the surrounds to the wall. Fronts and center channel *may* need to be moved around from time to time but how often does the wall mounted surrounds get moved....never in my case, so therefore the need for a quick connect is really moot anyway.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Is wall bracket for QS4 strong enough? - 06/07/06 12:54 AM
That is what it is designed for....I've got my Qs8's suspended from the ceiling using the standard bolt/fastener.
© Axiom Message Boards