Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Tarun HDMI and Component Cables - 05/27/06 01:15 PM
Hello All,

Question. I need to purchase 50 foot HDMI and Component cables to connect to my new projector...which will more then likely be a ceiling mount.

I was looking on EBAY....has anyone purchased these 50' gold plated hdmi cables and all.... any recommendations?

After my ep600, projector, and various other toy purchase I have very little left for cables.

Posted By: SirQuack Re: HDMI and Component Cables - 05/27/06 01:33 PM
Dang, 50ft, are you sure about that, that is a long way, but I don't think you'll have any problem with signal loss? Anyway, if the Ebay seller is Monoprice, you will have no problems with their cables. I purchased my 25ft DVI/HDMI and 25ft Component cables from them for my Sanyo Z2 projector. You can go directly to http://www.monoprice.com as well.
Posted By: Tarun Re: HDMI and Component Cables - 05/27/06 02:05 PM
Thanks SQ.
Thanks also for the projector recommendation.
I bought the Sanyo PLV-Z4 and projecting off of a wall painted beige. The thing is AWESOME...right out of the box. No Tweaking....
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: HDMI and Component Cables - 05/27/06 02:10 PM
I will second Randy's suggestion of Monoprice. You cannot beat the price.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: HDMI and Component Cables - 05/27/06 03:41 PM
I went with Blue Jeans Cables, which I think everyone will say is good and somewhat economical, but that was back when people didn't have much experience with Monoprice.

I have a Z3 and love it, and with SQ's Z2, we have 3 generations of Sanyo fans here.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: HDMI and Component Cables - 05/27/06 04:18 PM
I have some Blue Jeans Cable cables as well. Nice sturdy wires for very reasonable prices. Custom made, too!
Posted By: keend0 Re: HDMI and Component Cables - 05/27/06 04:27 PM
Another vote for Monoprice!
Posted By: HomeDad Re: HDMI and Component Cables - 05/27/06 04:47 PM
I've got both, Mono price without a doubt the more economical of the 2, Blue Jeans a better look and solid feel.
Posted By: Robert_W Re: HDMI and Component Cables - 05/27/06 04:55 PM
I use BlueJeans for everything and am very happy with the results. Good quality cable all around.

One suggestion though. 50 Feet? Really? It can be done according to specs but I would highly suggest reducing it if at all possible. HDMI is a fairly complex set of protocols / bit and bites etc. I believe that there are switches / boosters for that great of runs but I have no experience using them. Maybe some one around here can shed some light on runs that long?
Posted By: NEW2AXIOM Re: HDMI and Component Cables - 05/29/06 03:31 AM
yep, monoprice is my fav. order all my stuff from them.
Posted By: DOUBTINGTHOMAS29 Re: HDMI and Component Cables - 05/29/06 05:19 AM
I've never been let down by Blue Jeans cables. I've purchased speaker wire, stereo cables and an HDMI cable from them and have been very happy with my purchases.
Posted By: ratpack Re: HDMI and Component Cables - 05/29/06 03:17 PM
I have used Blue Jeans cables and am very satisfied. I don't think that you would go wrong with either company.
© Axiom Message Boards