Axiom Home Page
Posted By: chrono Spade connector size for use with Axioms - 06/01/06 02:38 AM
Hello everyone,

I just ordered some Axiom speaker wires to hook up with my M22ti speakers, I ordered 1/4" connectors because on the speaker wire info page it states "Axiom speakers are designed for use with the ΒΌ spade connector".

Now when I tried to hook them up, the spades are too narrow to fit, and it seems more like the speaker's posts would fit the 3/8" spade connector instead.

Is the speaker wire page mislabelled, and Axiom speakers are actually designed to fit 3/8" spades?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Spade connector size for use with Axioms - 06/01/06 02:43 AM
There's an indent that fits the 1/4 inch spades near the bottom of the post-at least on the v2 posts, which were added about 3 years ago, AFAIK.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Spade connector size for use with Axioms - 06/01/06 02:45 AM
I just checked my M22s and my posts don't have that indent. Perhaps it only applies to newer models?
Posted By: chrono Re: Spade connector size for use with Axioms - 06/01/06 02:58 AM
Hmm, I checked and mine don't either. I guess I got these speakers about 3 years ago

So it could be that the v1 Axiom speakers don't fit 1/4" spade..
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Spade connector size for use with Axioms - 06/01/06 03:08 AM
Do you have round, knurled posts or hex head ones?
Posted By: chrono Re: Spade connector size for use with Axioms - 06/02/06 01:14 AM
They are round posts.

I think I'll contact axiom, explain the situation and try to exchange them for the 3/8" spade versions.
© Axiom Message Boards