Axiom Home Page
Posted By: inthedeck What Color do you have? - 06/02/06 05:37 PM
I figured I would start a poll. I checked the main page, for all the lovely theatre projects in people's homes. Most seem to have black, and mansfield beech. A couple with the cherry..and some with the maple color. Just wanted to know who has what, in their home...with reference to speaker color.

Personally, I have Mansfield Beech speakers, with light tan grilles. I didn't add the option for grilles, because it would take a while to come up with all the options...hehe...and there would be too many choices. Well, u get the idea. Vote away.
Posted By: inthedeck Re: What Color do you have? - 06/02/06 06:22 PM
Seems like the BC is pretty popular (at this point -- 60%)...interesting.

Keep 'em coming.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: What Color do you have? - 06/02/06 06:23 PM
Can I vote twice? I have 2 colors...
Posted By: inthedeck Re: What Color do you have? - 06/02/06 06:25 PM
^^ As long as the poll allows you to, be my guest.
Posted By: Tharkun Re: What Color do you have? - 06/02/06 06:27 PM
Only if one of them is Boston Cherry.
Posted By: inthedeck Re: What Color do you have? - 06/02/06 06:32 PM
^^ I really wanted the black ones, but the fiancee disagreed. She didn't even want a black receiver anymore. She liked the BC, but said it's still to dark...and she didn't like the maple. Thus, the only other choice (for my wallet at least) was the mansfield beech. They are neutral, so they can work with anything...I suppose!
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: What Color do you have? - 06/02/06 07:03 PM
Had to pick only one huh? Ok, I put down the black oak cuz that's what the wife wanted for the mains and center, instead of the Boston Cherry that I had picked and that we had for our old mains(which are now in back as surrounds)So, three in BO and two in BC.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: What Color do you have? - 06/02/06 07:14 PM
All mansfields with Black Grills, killer look.
Posted By: inthedeck Re: What Color do you have? - 06/02/06 07:35 PM
Quote:

Had to pick only one huh? Ok, I put down the black oak cuz that's what the wife wanted for the mains and center, instead of the Boston Cherry that I had picked and that we had for our old mains(which are now in back as surrounds)So, three in BO and two in BC.

I guess there's no way to edit the poll...otherwise, I would update it, so that people could select more than one. Doubt that you can vote twice...but let's just say that this poll is for your 'main' system.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: What Color do you have? - 06/03/06 01:05 AM
Mansfield Beech.
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: What Color do you have? - 06/03/06 01:54 AM
Quote:

Quote:

I guess there's no way to edit the poll...otherwise, I would update it, so that people could select more than one. Doubt that you can vote twice...but let's just say that this poll is for your 'main' system.

This is a fun poll!!

That IS my main speaker system!!

Interestingly; having black speakers up front with the grey TV and (mostly)black electronics works very well indeed!

.....ok; the Wife was right.

But having the Boston Cherry surrounds in back works just as well cuz they fit in better with the color scheme of the rest of the furnishings toward the back of the room.

....no, I wasen't "right," I was lucky.

A two-tone color mis-match is only one of the seventeen odd ways that my Axiom system strays from the norm!!
Rich.
Posted By: ratpack Re: What Color do you have? - 06/03/06 02:17 AM
I talked with the wife, at length, before I bought my black speakers. Black goes with most everything and is easy to match. So, black it was.
Posted By: AdamP88 Re: What Color do you have? - 06/03/06 03:07 AM
Looks like I'm the only one brave enough to go with light maple.
Posted By: Wid Re: What Color do you have? - 06/03/06 03:29 AM

Boston Cherry here.
Posted By: bridgman Re: What Color do you have? - 06/03/06 04:30 AM
>>Looks like I'm the only one brave enough to go with light maple.

One more. I'm surprised, I figured Maple would be one of the more popular colours. Way more people picked Cherry than I was expecting...

... even though my M40s are Boston Cherry
Posted By: JohnK Re: What Color do you have? - 06/03/06 04:38 AM
And Boston Cherry for me as well, John. The sound is "warmer".
Posted By: INANE Re: What Color do you have? - 06/03/06 05:35 AM
BC > all

Posted By: BassTek Re: What Color do you have? - 06/03/06 06:30 AM
I have charcoal on charcoal and love the look.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: What Color do you have? - 06/03/06 06:04 PM
I've got Vermont Maple on my 3 fronts (rather similar--but not identical--to Boston Cherry, but BC people don't get their name printed on the speaker labels!) and Mansfield Beech on the QS4s. All with black grills, thank goodness. Can't stand that colored grill look.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: What Color do you have? - 06/03/06 06:08 PM
BC here, but if I had it to do again I would change the QS8s to eggshell white so they would disapear on the walls.
Posted By: inthedeck Re: What Color do you have? - 06/03/06 11:55 PM
wow...seems like BC is one of the favorites...definately an interesting color. But, since I was given the no-no...(darned women) I picked my second choice...over Black Oak. Maybe, in the future, I can get some smaller speakers...and those might be black...who knows. Wallet is tapped out, for now...given that the wedding is soon! It's all downhill, from there...
Posted By: bridgman Re: What Color do you have? - 06/06/06 03:51 AM
Part of our national anthem goes something like :

"Oh Canada! Where pines and maples grow..."

So why does everyone up here want to buy Oak and Cherry ? And how come Axiom doesn't even OFFER Pine ? And why am I apparently the only Canadian who bought Maple ?

At least my new house is pine and maple...
Posted By: Tharkun Re: What Color do you have? - 06/06/06 04:04 AM
Pine is now available in the wood models.
© Axiom Message Boards