Axiom Home Page
Posted By: OneVolFan Flat Wire For Speakers? - 06/04/06 01:14 AM
Anybody here ever used it and what are your opinions on it?
Posted By: JohnK Re: Flat Wire For Speakers? - 06/04/06 02:53 AM
Vol, another welcome. Flat wire is a bit expensive, but will do just as well as regular lamp cord of the same gauge and can be useful for purposes of concealment. Jack Richard(Ajax)has used flat wire and may comment if he sees this.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Flat Wire For Speakers? - 06/04/06 03:20 AM
The flat wire I've used is the adhesive backed type from 21st century goods. It's not inexpensive (16 ft. for $12.50), but if you use it only for running up the wall to surrounds, you don't really need much. You can then connect the flat wire to regular wire to run to your receiver/amplifier with flat wire connectors, two of which come with each 16 ft. pack.

You can paint the wire the same color as your walls, and it pretty nearly disappears. Looks great.

One warning. When you remove this wire it WILL peel off some paint. If you rent, I don't recommend this wire. If you own, and plan to have your speakers in the same place for a long time, then it's no big deal.

I have no experience with DeCorp Flatwire.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Flat Wire For Speakers? - 06/04/06 04:33 AM
I used flat wire for my surrounds, not adhesive backed. Works just fine. I used double sided foam tape, from the same source. Unfortunately, I don't remember what that source was, only that it was as Accessories 4 Less.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Flat Wire For Speakers? - 06/04/06 10:29 PM
I used to use some flat wire that was designed to run under carpeting/padding, to my rear surrounds and it worked fine.
© Axiom Message Boards