Axiom Home Page
Posted By: cap893536 Yamaha Receiver and Axiom Speakers - 09/15/02 10:00 PM
Interested in hearing from others who are using Axiom speakers in combination with latest generation Yamaha home theater receivers and how well they integrate.
Posted By: jbzngowest Re: Yamaha Receiver and Axiom Speakers - 09/16/02 03:31 AM
Perfect is a word that comes to my mind. I have the new Yamaha RX-V1300 with my new 6.1 Axiom setup. I have the M60's, QS8's, VP150, and EP175. I am very pleased. I might not be able to describe the sound like a well seasoned audiofile. I can say this...after extensive auditioning and forum research, I am more than happy with the choices I have made for my home theater.
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: Yamaha Receiver and Axiom Speakers - 09/16/02 01:01 PM
I usually never make a big deal about combining a certain receiver with Axiom speakers.

Just get the best receiver you can afford, and the best Axiom speakers you can afford, and then you have yourself the best system you can afford.

I wouldn't say something like Onkyo sounds better with speaker A and Yamaha with speaker B and Denon with speaker C. I personally think that would be a ridiculous statement unless you are dealing with terrible electronics and bad speakers.

Godd luck!

I hear Yammie's are great quality
Posted By: Nick_S Re: Yamaha Receiver and Axiom Speakers - 09/16/02 01:21 PM
Although my receiver is not the latest generation, I thought I would comment. I am using the Yamaha RX-V800 with my Axiom setup (M3Ti's, VP100 and QS4's) and am very happy with the performance. I listened extensively to a variety of speakers powered by a variety of receivers, and decided on Yamaha because I found a great deal on a receiver that had everything I needed and more.

I couldn't hear much of a difference when it came to receivers, so I decided to base my purchase on features for the price. I am very happy with my decision to say the least.

I hope this helps,

-Nick
Posted By: JohnK Re: Yamaha Receiver and Axiom Speakers - 09/16/02 07:08 PM
Cap, if the speaker wires from the Yamaha are long enough to reach the Axioms, then they "integrate" well. Seriously, I agree with Ravi and Nick. Get the receiver features and power that you want at the best price you can find. There aren't any magical receiver/speaker combinations.
© Axiom Message Boards