Axiom Home Page
Posted By: dakkon Bryston amps - 07/02/06 09:19 PM

So, I'm thinking about getting a 6b sst and a 4b sst..

http://www.bryston.ca/ampsel.html

my though process is, they have a 20 year warintee, and with these amps I will likely never have to upgrade again.. maybe add another amp or 2 for more channels, but that would be about it.

also, I think I remember seeing a rack of bryston amps in axioms testing building?

Anyhow I would be intrested to hear your thoughts.

My current set up is

Nad t163 processor
Marantz mm9000 amp (5X170w)
And epic 60 600 system
Posted By: JohnK Re: Bryston amps - 07/03/06 02:56 AM
Dak, the Bryston units are known for their excellent build quality, as they should be at those prices. I'd certainly agree that it's likely that you wouldn't need to replace them, absent some unusual disaster striking. However, I'd think almost the same about your MM9000, so I wonder if this would really be a cost-effective purchase.
Posted By: DOUBTINGTHOMAS29 Re: Bryston amps - 07/03/06 04:59 AM
dakkon, don't forget the warranty is transferrable. It's one of the reasons the amps keep their value so well.
Posted By: jakeman Re: Bryston amps - 07/12/06 02:27 PM
Great choice. I run my system with a 4BSST and a 9BSST and they are remarkably clear and accurate. I notice them by what they don't do at transient peaks. They just rise to the occasion without noise or audible distortion. What I like most about them is the dedicated transformer to each channel so crosstalk is non-existent.
Posted By: alan Re: Bryston amps - 07/12/06 04:13 PM
Hi Dakkon,

The Bryston amps are pretty well bullet-proof and we do have several at the Axiom plant. They're also used by lots of pro studios in Canada and elsewhere.

But like McIntosh in the old days, you essentially pay up-front for the insurance against breakdown and the 20-year warranty.
© Axiom Message Boards