Axiom Home Page
Posted By: romeo Buying Outlaw 970/7075 Combo in Toronto Canada - 08/02/06 09:02 PM
My friend is considering to purchase the aboved combo at US$1,100.00 (Outlaw Aug Promotion). Unlike Axiom, they don't ship free to Canada. It costs about US$110.00 for ground shipping. Outlaw doesn't know whether their product will subject to Canada Custom Tax. 970 is made in Malaysia and 7075 is in USA.

Did anyone from Axiom family in Canada had purchased Outlaw AV products? If yes, did they pay any Canadian Customs Tax(for how much). We think we can pro-rate the tax (we assume tax is according to the value of the product).

So it adds up to about US$1,400 (1,100 + 110 + 165 (gst + pst in canada) excluding customs tax if any. What are your suggestions other than Outlaw 970/7075? He doesn't has to go separate, integrated AV receiver is still fine. He also has M60 speakers.

Thanks in advance for your time
Romeo, yes, there's no special magic in using two or three boxes instead of one and in the vast majority of cases the sensible, cost-effective purchase is a receiver. Your friend has several excellent receivers to pick from and save money; to name a few at random which he should consider: Denon 2807, Onkyo 703, Yamaha 2600.
My Denon 2805 drives my 60's just fine in my large space.
© Axiom Message Boards