Axiom Home Page
Posted By: moridin Axiom Theatre + College Football=Tons'a Fun - 09/01/06 01:53 AM
So I'm watching USC versus Mississippi State on ESPN-HD tonight, my first college football game since becoming an Axiomite. Crowd noise is nicely enveloping with my setup...almost a convincing replacement for being in Clarksville; the Bulldogs' cowbells seem most accurately reproduced.

Here's to hoping my beloved Gamecocks see this through triumphant.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Axiom Theatre + College Football=Tons'a Fun - 09/01/06 02:03 AM
I'm watching the game during breaks in the last Cleveland Browns preseason game.
A bit of an ugly start, but a sweet finish. I'll take it.
Reminds me that...

University of Southern California = USC Trojans
University of South Carolina = USC Gamecocks

Write your own Gamecock/Trojan joke.
Yeah, but only one of them is the University of Spoiled Children.

It's the one across town from the Universal College of Lower Achievement.
Go Bears.
Cal is looking pretty good this year, eh?
Oh, I don't know. I just mindlessly root for them.
The two teams actually played one another in the '80s. The Gamecocks also faced the Oregon State Beavers that same decade. The t-shirts were...memorable.
I'll bet!

From UPN's Dec. 9, 2003, Rock Me Baby:

Beth: Of course you are [immature]; that's why you laugh every time the South Carolina Gamecocks play the Oregon State Beavers.

Jimmy: Hey—do you remember that time the announcer said, “The Gamecocks are deep in Beaver territory?”
Just what is a "Game Cock" anyway?
I'll stay away from giving a definition for "Game Cock", but a "gamecock" is essentially a fighting chicken.
Wow, ripped to shreds by a chicken. The stuff nightmares are made of. Stephen King, are you out there?
Do the chickens have large talons? (FYI, some of the ads on the page are a bit... scantily clad...)
At the 2005 Scripps National Spelling Bee, one of the finalists asked "Do the chickens have large talons?" before spelling his word.

All the judges were perplexed at this apparent non sequitur. Moreover, they had no idea why many of the children were laughing so hard.
Yikes! Scantily clad chickens with large talons... it just keeps getting worse!
I'm betting the OP feels a little unappreciated at the moment
Oops, sorry man. Got a little carried away there. No offense intended...
I say, "Don't worry." Tangentiality is one of the things that makes these boards interesting. Tom's just being an ass. Man, I hate that jerk.

I'm gonna send jinx and Stone__Man over to his house to teach him a thing or two.

---------------------
"Vision without action is a daydream; action without vision is a nightmare." - Japanese proverb

Just Kidding, Tom. Love ya like a brother!
What most people don't know about JP is that he did hard time for a sibling domestic dispute gone horribly awry.

Ladies and gentlemen, we've found the source of all our trolls: Doc's patients.
No worries, cgr. I blame Peter. Which seems to be an ineffective strategy both at the office and at home. Puzzling.
Typical evening at the Tuttle homestead:

Mrs. Tuttle: Tom, did you eat a slice of this cake that I was going to take to the neighbors?

Tom: <wiping away crumbs> "PETER!!!"
I have never partaken of Tom's wife's cake. Her brownie was quite wonderful, though.
Yikes!!! Step away from the boards for a few hours and were into brownies. This is where I always get into trouble...
© Axiom Message Boards