Axiom Home Page
Posted By: muttsinparadise flatwire - 10/15/06 05:29 AM
Aloha. Can anyone provide advise on using (or not) flatwire with the quadpolar surrounds ?
Posted By: Haoleb Re: flatwire - 10/15/06 05:33 AM
It has its uses if thats what you need to resort to. I personally wouldnt bother with it, unless you need it for hiding wires.

What part of Hawaii you in? I think your the first board member Ive seen from hawaii, other than me. Im in Kona
Posted By: Ken.C Re: flatwire - 10/15/06 05:38 AM
Worked just fine for mine. Of course, I used the stranded kind, not the kind that's just flat copper in tape. That didn't work so well, and was ugly.
Posted By: muttsinparadise Re: flatwire - 10/15/06 05:46 AM
Hi Brandon. I'm in the other Kailua, on Oahu. The flatwire gives me the easiest setup - away from a MESS of power cords in the attic, and several of the walls are cinderblock. I care more for sound than appearance, so I'll run the spk wires as neatly as I can around the wall/ceiling joint. Flatwire would give a smaller profile, but if sound is going to be compromised, no need.
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: flatwire - 05/04/07 11:31 PM
Quote:

Worked just fine for mine. Of course, I used the stranded kind, not the kind that's just flat copper in tape. That didn't work so well, and was ugly.

1) What stranded wire did you use?
2) What didn't work w/ the flat copper tape?

I just bought an Eichler, concrete slab and no attic. My 4 years of wiring is now gone and I'm pretty restricted now...
Posted By: Ken.C Re: flatwire - 05/05/07 12:00 AM
Audioquest or something like. 16 gauge. The flatwire was terrible-just a couple of strips of copper inside tape. Hard to use, took paint off of the walls, looked just plain ugly.
© Axiom Message Boards