Axiom Home Page
Posted By: bray Verizon FiOS anyone??? - 10/23/06 12:49 AM
I purchased one of these today and was thinking about Verizon FiOS for HD service.
Does anyone here have any experience good or bad with them/it?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Verizon FiOS anyone??? - 10/23/06 02:11 AM
I have FiOS for internet, but not TV. I've been extremely happy with it, but I did splurge for the top-end 30 megabit service.
Posted By: bray Re: Verizon FiOS anyone??? - 10/23/06 02:40 AM
Hey Peter
How have you been?
Little ones growing (too) fast?
Most of my friends with FiOs internet have also been extremely happy with it and they went with the 5megabit service so I can just imagine what the 30 megabit service would be like.
If I get the FiOS HD service I'll also upgrade my internet from Verizon DSL to FiOS.
Posted By: RickF Re: Verizon FiOS anyone??? - 10/23/06 03:30 AM
That's a nice TV Bray, we've had our Mits 73" RPDLP (WD73727) going on almost a year now and have been extremely happy with it ... couldn't tell you about the FiOS service though.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Verizon FiOS anyone??? - 10/23/06 11:44 AM
Good to see you, Bray. You've been missed.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Verizon FiOS anyone??? - 10/23/06 12:47 PM
Yes, the kids are growing up too fast. I no longer have a little baby. She turned one a couple weeks ago.
Posted By: bray Re: Verizon FiOS anyone??? - 10/23/06 04:43 PM
Quote:

Yes, the kids are growing up too fast. I no longer have a little baby. She turned one a couple weeks ago.

Yea thats what my mom said about me when I turned 42 a couple weeks ago.

I'm the last of 5
Posted By: medic8r Re: Verizon FiOS anyone??? - 10/23/06 05:30 PM
Hey Bray, how's that motorcycle working out for ya?
Posted By: bray Re: Verizon FiOS anyone??? - 10/23/06 08:34 PM
Quote:

Hey Bray, how's that motorcycle working out for ya?

LOVE IT!

Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Verizon FiOS anyone??? - 10/23/06 09:10 PM
Hey Bray! Are you going to stick around awhile?

Did you catch This Thread?
Posted By: INANE Re: Verizon FiOS anyone??? - 10/24/06 03:12 PM
FiOS... 30MB /droooooooooooooooooooooooool

Posted By: pmbuko Re: Verizon FiOS anyone??? - 10/25/06 04:03 AM
Don't drool too much. I'm not exactly thrilled with my phone bill each month.... You see, when I first got the service, my boss was expensing his employees' broadband costs. Then I switched departments, and bosses. When my year contract is up in December, I'm planning to drop down to a lower speed to save money.

I just checked the website and verizon's 30mb down / 5mb up service now costs $180/mo. I pay only $55 for it now. Maybe I won't drop to a lower level. After all, I (my boss) was paying more for 1/10th the speed back in California.
Posted By: CV Re: Verizon FiOS anyone??? - 10/25/06 05:12 AM
I heard sometime during the summer that it was as high as 100 mbps in some areas. Is that right? I could go for that, though really a gigabit would go along with my home network better.

C.V.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Verizon FiOS anyone??? - 10/25/06 01:20 PM
As far as I know, FiOS has always topped out at 30mbps.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Verizon FiOS anyone??? - 10/25/06 04:20 PM
I think Bray is gone again......
Posted By: bray Re: Verizon FiOS anyone??? - 10/26/06 01:28 AM
Not gone, just busy.
A full time job will do that to ya.
I've also been obsessed with the new ride and learning as much as I can from some of the motorcycle forums.
Winter is near so I'm sure I'll be around more.
Posted By: bray Re: Verizon FiOS anyone??? - 11/05/06 01:34 PM
The FiOS is installed and all I can say is WOW!
The internet connection is super fast (even with the 5mb service) and the HD looks fantastic.

All in all I'm very pleased with Verizons product but their customer service is SEVERELY lacking.

To make a long story short.
I ordered the service on a Monday and it was supposed to be installed on the following Monday, so I scheduled to be off work that day (one of my 2 vacation days left).
An hour into the scheduled install window there were still no installers here so I gave Verizon a call. They lost my order or at least the part that gets it installed. It took another 2.5 hours just to get the service reordered and then they wanted me to take another Monday off work.
I asked to speak with a manager so I could get it done on the next Saturday.
After another hour on the phone I finally got what I wanted and 1 month free.
Not really how I wanted to spend a vacation day.
Posted By: snakeyes Re: Verizon FiOS anyone??? - 11/05/06 03:52 PM
If you dont mind,Whats your monthly cost? What channels do you get? Its not available in my area yet so they wont give me costs.
Thank You
Jake
© Axiom Message Boards