Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Riker OC QuietZone Solserene fabric - 10/26/06 08:19 PM
Anyone ever installed this product ? it is for ceiling absorbtion. Could be used instead of building bass traps and hanging them on the ceiling. No idea how much this costs but it's probably not cheap.

Steph

http://owenscorning.com/quietzone/products/products3.asp
Posted By: royce73 Re: OC QuietZone Solserene fabric - 10/26/06 08:41 PM
I have the same thing installed in my basement ceiling joists. It wasn't Corning through, it was Johns Manville. It works well for keeo mids and highs from leaking up through the basement ceiling. This should not be used for bass traping, rather, it should be for sound-proofing. Sound Absorbtion and Sound Proofing are two different topics. If you want to absorbtion, go with the Rock Wool or Rigid Fiberglass.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: OC QuietZone Solserene fabric - 10/26/06 09:36 PM
What Royce said...
Posted By: Riker Re: OC QuietZone Solserene fabric - 10/26/06 10:00 PM
We are talking about the stretchy fabric you install using a track that you first screw to the joist right ? this is not just regular insulation, in fact it's not insulation at all, it's a fabric like speaker grill stuff almost. This is covers the entire surface of the ceiling.Just want to make sure we are talking about the same thing.

Steph

The link I provided only goes to the main insulation page.. take a look on the left hand side and select the last item called Solserene. It's not the batting, but something completetly different.
Posted By: Riker Re: OC QuietZone Solserene fabric - 10/27/06 01:33 AM
Randy, I gotta say, I liked your old Guiness avatar much better

This one is a bit more distracting whith the motion and all.. and unlike your previous one it does not make me as thirsty Which is not a good thing
Posted By: SirQuack Re: OC QuietZone Solserene fabric - 10/27/06 04:11 AM
Ok, I have to say I was also getting sick of watching Napolean dance around, my kids love it though...

I switched back to one from my past until I think of a different one....

"Dave..." "Yes, Hal" "Will I dream...."
Posted By: Nachosgrande Re: OC QuietZone Solserene fabric - 10/27/06 03:30 PM
"Dave..." "Yes, Hal" "Will I dream...."

Don't start singing!
© Axiom Message Boards