Axiom Home Page
Posted By: TroyD Is there a sound difference between - 10/31/06 05:45 PM
the Mt80's and the Mt80v2 's a noticable difference that is.
Like $1800 worth to go out and upgrade to the v2
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Is there a sound difference between - 10/31/06 06:51 PM
If your m80's are only a few years old, most likely they are already V2's, Axiom just recently decided to make the name change although the changes were made to the speakers over the last several years.
Posted By: TroyD Re: Is there a sound difference between - 11/01/06 12:42 AM
I know they are not v2 because I just bought them a few months ago forom a store that didn't sell them and Axiom couldn't understand why they were so old , but they still warrantied them. They say they have newer drivers I guess
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Is there a sound difference between - 11/01/06 12:47 AM
Maybe since they were soooo old, maybe there is something wrong with them, since you have started a few threads regarding them? For warranty purposes can you go to Axiom, or do you have to go back to the seller?
Posted By: Wid Re: Is there a sound difference between - 11/01/06 12:48 AM
The speakers would have to be at least older than 3 years old to be any different than the V2. It was then when the crossover was redesigned. That is the biggest difference.
Posted By: TroyD Re: Is there a sound difference between - 11/02/06 04:12 AM
They must be 3 years old then. I know they were in the store for a long time ,because I kept goin g in every 6 months or so. Could never seem to get enough $$$ til this year.
I have the vibration fixed it was the woofer I took it out then re seated the woofer and screwed it back in. If you listen closly thought you can hear a slight vibration. Try playing Blow at high dough from The Tragically Hip, just the first part with the bass. It is a constant frequency that vibrates it and only this song so far. Do not try it with a MP3 as the frequecies are cut out of the mp3 crap. get on your knees and listen. And also there is a rubber gasket already on the metal casing of the woofers but it is not very thick
© Axiom Message Boards