Axiom Home Page
Posted By: OneVolFan Sub choice - 11/09/06 03:26 AM
I'm going to go with the 60's for mains and the 150 for a center channel and the qs8's for surrounds, budget will be tight for a sub and wanted a few opinions on this. I can et a SVS 25-31PCi for 550 or the 20-39PCi for 600 or a HSU VTF 2 for 499. Anybody have opinions as how well they would work with the Axiom's?
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Sub choice - 11/09/06 03:44 AM
One thing I forgot to mention in my PM back to you, and maybe your already aware, but if you order your speakers from the Factory Outlet you get 10%off, and 5 or more items gives you another 5%. This may help in your budget/sub decision. These are still brand new speakers. fyi
Posted By: bridgman Re: Sub choice - 11/09/06 04:54 AM
I don't think you need to worry about matching speakers with any particular model of sub from a performance and specs standpoint -- think mostly about things like size of your room, music vs. movies mix, how loud you play etc...

If you are going into a living room or shared-use room you probably want to think about matching appearances as well.
Posted By: OneVolFan Re: Sub choice - 11/14/06 11:45 PM
Which of these 2 subs are best for movies, the HSU VTF 2 or the SVS 25-31 PCI, opinions needed and will they both blend in well with the M 60's?
Posted By: Wid Re: Sub choice - 11/15/06 12:17 AM
If money is tight you could also take a look at the Mirage S12. I have read it is real close to the Hsu VTF 3 in terms of output and SQ.

Here is a review of the S12.
Posted By: HAY Re: Sub choice - 11/15/06 05:02 AM
I have ther HSU VTF3-MKII and think it's an awesome sub for the price.

My room is roughly 10w x 21l x 7.5h with an opening at the front to the hallway and computer niche. Fills the room with lots left over.
© Axiom Message Boards