Axiom Home Page
Posted By: sleepymonkey Klipsch SC-1 with M60s? - 10/04/02 09:45 PM
Hello, I am considering getting a pair of M60 towers and am wondering how well a klipsch center would blend in with them. If it doesn't work too well in front I guess I can use it as my rear channel, I got it for a steal so I'm really not out too many $$.

thanks
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: Klipsch SC-1 with M60s? - 10/05/02 04:48 PM
Hello sleepymonkey
The Klipsch has a pair of 5.25" drivers and a horn tweeter. I use a Merak MC6H center (a pair of 6.5" drivers and a horn tweeter) with a pair of M60 like Michaura M665 towers up front and a pair of M22 like Michaura M55 side surrounds. I love this combination. The Merak has wonderful slam, accuracy and is superb for dialog. I use a Klipsch sub (LF10) in this system and have been thinking about the bigger Klipsch center (2 x 8" drivers and a horn tweeter), but I'm so happy with the Merak that I've held back.

My guess - I think the Klipsch center will mate up nicely with the Axioms.
Posted By: Semi_On Re: Klipsch SC-1 with M60s? - 10/09/02 06:16 PM
Personally, I can't stand horn tweeters. They're far too shrill and very colored by the horn. The Klipsch will NOT be audibly similar to the Axiom, producing a strange effect when things move from left, through center to right.

The Axiom centers are very inexpensive and I absolutely love the VP150.
Posted By: Patchwork Re: Klipsch SC-1 with M60s? - 10/09/02 06:20 PM
I agree with Semi On

I, too, dislike horn tweeters. The VP150 is not expensive, and is fairly cheaper in the factory outlet. It is the best center for the price, in my opinion.
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: Klipsch SC-1 with M60s? - 10/09/02 06:46 PM
I don't know about Klipsch horns, but I love the Merak (made by Axiom) horn center channel. The MC6H absolutely blows away the very expensive Infinity CC3 center I used to use. The Merak balances perfectly with my M60 like towers and M22 like side surrounds. What I love about this Merak center is its SLAM. I have not noticed any undue coloration or tonal mismatch with Axiom M50s, M3s, M22s or Michaura M665s or M55s. Just my opinion based on first hand experience.
© Axiom Message Boards