Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jhunt17 Vp 150 stand??? - 11/13/06 09:41 PM
Anybody know anywhere I can get a stand that will hold this thing. I keep looking and all of them seem to small that I see. I hopefully will soon have a projector and I need a speaker stand for it. Thanks!!
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Vp 150 stand??? - 11/13/06 09:45 PM
I mounted mine to the wall below my screen, using some L-shaped shelf brackets.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Vp 150 stand??? - 11/13/06 09:56 PM
Here is a link to a discuss I started just a few days ago about the same thing...

Clicky Here for the Thread
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Vp 150 stand??? - 11/13/06 11:08 PM
I love the search tool.
Posted By: jhunt17 Re: Vp 150 stand??? - 11/14/06 12:01 AM
Thanks guys, I remember reading that the other day, but I definitely want a stand so I can keep the speakers the same distance across the front of the room. Has anyone been able to find anything that can work other than building their own stand?
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Vp 150 stand??? - 11/14/06 12:06 AM
It is going to have to be a pretty tall stand to get your center speaker in line with the m60 tweeters, that is why I ended up mounting mine on the wall.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Vp 150 stand??? - 11/14/06 12:19 AM
j, they make speaker stands, including center speaker stands, with the top plate smaller than the speaker so there will be nothing on which the sound will reflect. Actually, Even though the top plate is smaller than the speaker, it is strong enough to hold the speaker.

Here is one of the largest top plates I've seen on a center channel (16" x 8"), and it would hold the VP150 just fine. It has 4 small rubber pads on the top plate which help isolate the speaker and hold it on the stand.

You don't say what height stand you are looking for, but the one above comes in 12", 18" and 28" heights, $49 to $59.
Posted By: jhunt17 Re: Vp 150 stand??? - 11/14/06 01:52 AM
Ok, what does puting it in line with the tweeters do for me? I did notice that it sounded better down low instead of ontop of my tv. So if I put it in line with the tweeters even though it will be farther back from the m60's this will be better? I am not a sonic genius that is for sure. Thanks guys!!!
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Vp 150 stand??? - 11/14/06 01:59 AM
Proper setup for best sound stage, HT experience, and music decoded in 5.1 is to have the tweeters of your left/right mains and center at ear level, or as close as possible. Many times this is not possible due to room/furniture limitations, but for best results this is important. Also, your left/right/center speakers should be the same distance from the primary listening position. This forms a slight arc around the listening position.

What will it do for you? Give you a proper setup, that is if you want that.
Posted By: jhunt17 Re: Vp 150 stand??? - 11/14/06 02:29 AM
yes, to have it set up as best it can be is what I want, but I will have to see how the screen will fit on my wall to see where I could put it. I want to have as big a screen as I can get in my room. I really want to feel like I am at the theater when I get done with it. Thanks. I just want to say thanks to everyone on this forum for all the help I get. I know I ask some questions over and over again and you guys still put up with me. thanks a lot.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Vp 150 stand??? - 11/14/06 03:27 AM
Just don't get to big of a screen for your room, or you will get headaches.:) A good rule of thumb for a 16x9 screen is to be 1.3 to 1.5 times the screen width back. My screen is a cinemascope 2.35 aspect ratio screen, so I like to use my second row of seating for the movies done in 2.35 so my eyes don't dart back and forth as much. The front row is ideal for 1.85 DVD movies and HD material (1.78)....
Posted By: Ajax Re: Vp 150 stand??? - 11/14/06 07:18 AM
j, As Randy (Sirquack) pointed out, many of us, due to physical restrictions, are unable to achieve the optimum setup of having the tweeter(s) of the center channel at the same height as the tweeter(s) in the main speakers. The fact is, as long as the tweeter(s) in the center are directed toward your ears as much as possible, you will not be loosing much.

In fact, in one of Axiom's Tweaks and Tips titled Fine-Tuning Center-Channel Sound, Alan states:

Quote:

Some Axiomites have found great success putting the center almost on the floor or on a short stand with the center angled up towards the listening area.

The tweeter in my center channel is 16" lower than the tweeters in my mains. The sound from the center channel is firmly anchored to the middle of my screen and pans sound seamless. Works great.
Posted By: jefft Re: Vp 150 stand??? - 11/14/06 02:38 PM
I wanted something that would hold my VP150 above my TV, and after weeks of research, this is what I found

speaker monitor stand

I just got it last night and it works great! The only problem is that I had to buy a pair but I only needed one... so if anyone needs one, let me know!
© Axiom Message Boards