Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Riker M80s for $950CA - 11/20/06 02:58 AM
I found someone in my area, Ottawa, that is selling a pair of 3 month old M80s for $950 CA (firm, cash only) through Canuck Audio Mart.ca

The only problem I have is they are in Light Maple and I was looking for Black Ash to match the rest of my setup and my room. I always prefered Black speakers, I guess I am a tradionalist that way

He says the the wife thinks they are to big and wants him to sell them. So if I was to purchase them from him, in the extremely odd chance that I do not like them, I am "screwed" as I cannot return them. If I purchased directly from Axiom.com, I can always return them for a full refund (shipping extra) no questions asked within 30 days. I am currently seriously considering selling my Energy Veritas 2.3s and 2.0c Center for Axiom M80, VP150. In fact, I am considering selling my entire Energy HT for Axiom.

Stephane
Posted By: chesseroo Re: M80s for $950CA - 11/20/06 03:59 AM
Stephane, tough call.
The Energy Veritas series have often been noted as being very close to the Axiom sound, although at a greater price. In the least, if you went Axiom and sold the Veritas, you may recover some cash.
Both are very good brands and models.
Aesthetics can be a tough sell when it comes to having a second opinion on decor in one's home.
Posted By: Ajax Re: M80s for $950CA - 11/20/06 11:47 AM
OT, with apologies. Chess, I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to see the word aesthetics spelled correctly. For whatever reason, that word has been coming up frequently on the forums at which I participate, and it almost always is misspelled. Thank you.
thank
Posted By: bridgman Re: M80s for $950CA - 11/20/06 02:30 PM
In the local newspaper yesterday -- "JD Fortune exercises his demons". Apparently he was seen taking them out for a brisk walk before the concert.
Posted By: Riker Re: M80s for $950CA - 11/20/06 04:08 PM
Thanks Chess, it is a tough call for sure. I figure that the M80s with their twin 6.5in drivers will give me more bass than the Energy twin 5 1/4 drivers. If I had the Veritas 2.4s, which include an additional driver then perhaps they would give me the bass I am missing, but I could not afford the 2.4s at the time.

I need to hear the M80s in person, but I don't think the local guy here would let me audition his M80s knowing in advance that I do not wish to purchase them, the colour issue, he is trying to sell them afterall.

Cheers,

Steph
Posted By: bridgman Re: M80s for $950CA - 11/21/06 01:31 AM
Never hurts to ask. Heck, lots of people on the board give auditions without trying to sell anything.

On the other hand, if I already had my speakers packed up in boxes I think I might be saying "no way there buddy"
© Axiom Message Boards