Axiom Home Page
Posted By: snapplez qs4 speaker stand solution - 12/11/06 03:42 PM
i just thought i would share the solution to my room layout dilemma (speaker layout problem).

in a nutshell - i couldn't mount my qs4 speakers after moving. i didn't like the look of the official stands and they were also out of my budget.

many people made suggestions (see the original thread) - in the end i decided do something that no one thought of - roll my own.

here's the results:

total price about $35 for the pair. these are made out of poplar and painted with behr pure black paint. the base is designed to hold 5 or 10lbs of barbell plates (cheap!).

they look great with the speaker and with the room. i forgot how good the qs4 sounds - thanks everyone who encouraged me to find a way to use them.
Posted By: RickF Re: qs4 speaker stand solution - 12/11/06 03:54 PM
Your QS stands turned out very good Snapplez, they give me the impression that the speakers and the stands are a single unit. They fit your decor very well. Congrats!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: qs4 speaker stand solution - 12/11/06 05:19 PM
Very nice!
Posted By: Ajax Re: qs4 speaker stand solution - 12/11/06 05:31 PM
Excellent!
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: qs4 speaker stand solution - 12/11/06 10:07 PM
Nice!

You got skills, what are you asking US for?!?!
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: qs4 speaker stand solution - 12/11/06 10:29 PM
Elegant solution. They are a perfect fit for your room and the speakers. The grain on the poplar matches very well with the finish on the speakers. Outstanding design and build.
Posted By: sidvicious02 Re: qs4 speaker stand solution - 12/11/06 10:53 PM
Agree with everyone else here, wonderful job on the stands....the only thing left to be done is for you to post a couple more pics of the entire room so we can see the the entire HT in all it's glory!
Posted By: JasonB Re: qs4 speaker stand solution - 12/11/06 11:52 PM
Have you looked here ? He posted a couple other pics when asking questions before.
Posted By: snapplez Re: qs4 speaker stand solution - 12/12/06 03:07 PM
actually, the room has changed since the initial set of planning photos. so here are a couple more with the entire room in its current state.

© Axiom Message Boards