Axiom Home Page
I like the sound of Paradigm Studio 40's with the center they have, the CC-570 or CC-590. I was wondering what Axioms would be equivalent to this setup? Like in Sound quality, would the M80's blow away the Paradigm Studio 100's? Also, how powerful is the VP150? I watch a lot of movies, so I want to be able to hear the center really well.
In sound quality, the Studio 100s sound very close to the M80s. Many people have described them as sounding extremely similar and similarly good.

Closest to the Studio 40 is the Axiom M22.

The VP150 can be as powerful as you want it. As with all speakers, you can calibrate it to a sound level of your liking. I like to run my center channel 1 or 2 dBs hotter than my mains.
Quote:

Also, how powerful is the VP150? I watch a lot of movies, so I want to be able to hear the center really well.

God bless you, my son... come now and join the ranks of the Knights of the Centre Channel... we ride out into the countryside and lance the evil junk jigglers.

I think a bigger point with the VP150 isn't the loudness of it, but the clarity of it. Pretty much any speaker in this price range can keep up in SPLs, but for dialog to still be clear, it's a very good choice.

Bren R.

ohandignorejohnkwhenhepopsupinafewmessagesandsuggestsaverticalm22halookjohnkIgottohimbeforeyou. :P
Good thing I sent in for the decoder ring.
Quote:

I think a bigger point with the VP150 isn't the loudness of it, but the clarity of it.

And maybe someday Bren will get to hear mine...
JW, welcome. Despite Bren, as a Knight of the Upright Center, I must suggest that you consider a vertical center standing up in a manly way, rather than cravenly lying down on the job.
Quote:

And maybe someday Bren will get to hear mine...

Your...?

Bren R.
>>JW, welcome. Despite Bren, as a Knight of the Upright Center, I must suggest that you consider a vertical center standing up in a manly way, rather than cravenly lying down on the job.

Haha, just when i thought you had said all you had to say about the vertical centre
© Axiom Message Boards