Axiom Home Page
Posted By: tpb Epicenter subwoofer won - 12/19/06 03:53 PM
Due to delays on the reconstruction of our home following the fire last Feb, we've finally moved back in! Last night I hooked up the new system that was delivered in Sept.

1 VP150 Center
1 Pair Millennia M60 Towers
1 Pair QS8 Surrounds
1 Pair M2i Rears
1 EP500
Denon AVR-2807

For some reason, I can't get the Epicenter sub to kick in (I used the settings per the instructions - flat, bypass, 9:00 volume, etc). I used the microphone auto room set up and the sub was definitely being pinged on all six listening locations. But when I played the Return of the King DVD, a CD, the tv, etc., the sub just doesn't kick in at all even when cranked. I checked the calculations per the auto setup (distance, crossover, etc.) and they look reasonable.

Suggestions? I probably missed something obvious. I'm new to Denon (had Yamaha before) and must admit the documentation is poor. I know I'm missing something simple.

Thanks,
Tom
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Epicenter subwoofer won - 12/19/06 03:58 PM
Do you have the sub plugged into the correct "line out" for the sub on the receiver?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Epicenter subwoofer won - 12/19/06 04:26 PM
Do you have the sub turned on in DTS or Dolby Digital (depending on what you're watching the movie in)?
Posted By: chips Re: Epicenter subwoofer won - 12/19/06 05:22 PM
do you have to switch the sub woofer everytime you have a DTS to Dolby movie??!?
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Epicenter subwoofer won - 12/19/06 05:57 PM
No, you have to make sure your receiver is set to accept the sub or LFE in all modes.
Posted By: Nachosgrande Re: Epicenter subwoofer won - 12/20/06 04:43 PM
Obvious question, but is the power line plugged in? Do you see a green light in the back?
© Axiom Message Boards