Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Pifemaster Axiom Audio In "The Naked Mile" - 12/20/06 12:58 AM
Hey everyone, I am in the middle of watching "The Naked Mile" on DVD and there are a set of Axiom Audio Epic 80 and the QS8 surrounds in the basement of Stiffler's girlfriends house.

Bob
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Audio In "The Naked Mile" - 12/20/06 01:01 AM
huh?
Posted By: Pifemaster Re: Axiom Audio In "The Naked Mile" - 12/20/06 01:34 AM
In this movie: http://americanpiemovie.com/
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Audio In "The Naked Mile" - 12/20/06 01:38 AM
WoW! I haven't watched that movie yet, but that is pretty cool, any chance of getting a screenshot?
Posted By: Pifemaster Re: Axiom Audio In "The Naked Mile" - 12/20/06 02:22 AM

Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Audio In "The Naked Mile" - 12/20/06 02:41 AM
I can't believe that, I wonder if Amie and Ian are aware their speakers have made the big screen? I'll send her a PM.

To cool, thanks for sharing....
Posted By: Amie Re: Axiom Audio In "The Naked Mile" - 12/20/06 12:37 PM
Oh yeah, the M80s were really nervous when the director called, but with some coaching we got them movie-ready. See how they don't steal the scene but they're there, enhancing it? Masterful. {giggles} Thanks for pointing this out Pifemaster!
Posted By: alan Re: Axiom Audio In "The Naked Mile" - 12/20/06 01:07 PM
Thanks, Pifemaster, for spotting the Axioms! Of course, it's nice to know that Stiffler's girlfriend has such discriminating taste in accurate sound reproduction.

I wonder if the production company used one of Axiom's customer's homes as a location shoot?

Regards,
Posted By: littleb Re: Axiom Audio In "The Naked Mile" - 12/20/06 01:41 PM
Bob must be a true audiophile. Anyone who would even notice the speakers has to be.
Posted By: Pifemaster Re: Axiom Audio In "The Naked Mile" - 12/20/06 01:51 PM
OK - here is a better picture. Notice the QS8 surrounds on the wall by the deer head.

Posted By: Pifemaster Re: Axiom Audio In "The Naked Mile" - 12/20/06 03:05 PM
Below is a picture I just took of my home theater. You can see why it was so easy to spot the Axioms in the movie. The screen was flanked by the the exact same speakers.

I am driving the Axioms with a Denon 4806CI and the image is projected on the 96" Carada screen using a Panasonic PT-AX100U.

Posted By: bugbitten Re: Axiom Audio In "The Naked Mile" - 12/20/06 11:49 PM
Love the over/under centers!

Great HT.
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Axiom Audio In "The Naked Mile" - 12/20/06 11:54 PM
Quote:

Love the over/under centers!

Great HT.

Indeed, you would need a monster receiver to drive that 3ohm load...which in this case, he does!
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Axiom Audio In "The Naked Mile" - 12/21/06 06:04 AM
wow, they sure have those M80's setup for some nearfield listening or something in that movie. Perhaps we can call and help the guy out with speaker placement.
© Axiom Message Boards