Axiom Home Page
Posted By: spiffnme Holst! - 01/03/07 01:56 AM
OK...got another Holst cd (actually DVD-A) for Christmas. Just today got a chance to put it on...

+ =

'Nuff Said!
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Holst! - 01/03/07 02:48 AM
I have this version which I was just enjoying yesterday morning....
Posted By: JohnK Re: Holst! - 01/03/07 05:06 AM
Yeah Craig, I've borrowed the old CD of the Previn performance from the library, so I was confident in suggesting the DVD-A, although it isn't one of those that I own. Incidentally, after my number one choice(Mehta)and number two(Dutoit), my third choice of those I own is the very fast Steinberg . Hurwitz's review here .
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Holst! - 01/03/07 05:47 AM
This is the one I own, Holst the kids love to march around to it.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Holst! - 01/03/07 09:29 AM
I've just ordered the Mehta (should arrive Thursday), and I have and love the Dutoit. I've also got this SACD. I guess I'll have to add the Steinberg version to the collection.

Have you heard this one? Worth purchasing?

Posted By: spiffnme Beethoven! - 01/03/07 09:37 AM
I threw this on today as well. I'd forgotten how much I love this.

Wow that's beautiful music.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Beethoven! - 01/03/07 01:58 PM
Sure beats Nickelback.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Beethoven! - 01/03/07 03:27 PM
I have this one.

Love it AND the price.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Beethoven! - 01/03/07 03:33 PM
Yep...that's the one I've got arriving on Thursday.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Beethoven! - 01/03/07 05:56 PM
I thought this was going to be a thread about words used internationally to wish good health while drinking. Now, I find out it's about astronomy. You guys are weird.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Holst! - 01/04/07 03:44 AM
Craig, I borrowed the Gardiner disc from the library. Really good sound quality and a performance that would have thrilled me if I wasn't already familiar with other performances that I liked a little more. So, I didn't buy it, but it certainly is worth considering to add to a large Planets collection.
© Axiom Message Boards