Axiom Home Page
Hi,
I have rubber feet (shipped with M60) under M60. It now leaves mark on tile floor. I am thinking of replacing it with spike with floor protector such as small dish under spike. Do you recommend some with reasonable price?

thanks.
Audiofan, you can pick up very cheap clear rubber bumpers at Walmart (I was just there today and saw them in the "screws and nails" section)

They sell them in different sizes, I saw a pretty big one about the size of a nickle, I think they would work well with floor standing speakers.
Whenever I had both my 60s and the 80s on the tiled floor of our former TV room I can't say that I remember seeing them leave marks, might be the type of tile.

I do like using the rubber feet on a carpet floor ... for some strange reason the speakers seem to want to lean outward just a little so I found using a quarter or two under the feet on the outside leaning side makes for great shims to level the speakers and the quarters fit nice and snug under the feet. I've never used the spikes ... I'm thinking spikes attached to a 100lb EP600 probably needs OSHA, Good Housekeeping or whomever it may be that does the home safety testing stuff stamp of approval first.
I use after market spikes with the M80s, they are adjustable so they can be leveled out fairly easy.
Rick I'm curious to know if you have your 80s leaned back at all with the adjustable spikes?

No Rick I have them level. Seeing the tweeters are right about ear height when I'm seated I see no need.
Oh, OK Rick.

Ok Rick

jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze
My feet do leave marks on my hardwood floor. Fortunately, I hate my landlord and don't care.
Quote:

My feet do leave marks on my hardwood floor. Fortunately, I hate my landlord and don't care.

Mine do too, but I have to clean the floors myself.
The rubber feet on my M60's and FMS CC market our laminate floors very easily. However it wipes off with just a damp sponge. But once I get the speakers all in place I doubt it'll be an issue since I don't plan on moving them around a whole lot.
Use pennies, nickels or quarters, depending on your budget and how much area you need to spread out the weight of the M60s.
Quote:

Use pennies, nickels or quarters, depending on your budget

Sure, John (rolls eyes), as if all of us had THAT much money to throw around. . .sheesh.

I have M80's on hardwood floors and had trouble fine tuning their placement. So I placed some self adhesive felt pads under the rubber feet. Works great. Easy to move and no marks.
© Axiom Message Boards