Axiom Home Page
Posted By: T2002T Question about home theatre - 02/13/07 06:02 PM
Hi there,

I have a question would it be better in terms of quality and cost to buy the epic 50 - 175? or to buy the speakers in the package and a different sub. I read in another post that people have purchased a different sub as you could get a better one or equivalent cheaper. I am also wondering did you guys purchase the home theatres or mostly just speakers for your setups?

Thanks, for the help.

Also anyone know where to find a well priced good receiver in Ottawa? I was looking to get the Pioneer VSX-1016TXVK but I was told it is no longer being made.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Question about home theatre - 02/13/07 06:13 PM
If you purchase five pieces from Axiom, you get a discount. Mains, Center and surrounds = five speakers. Purchasing the sub won't get you a bigger discount.

What size is your room? If you only need a smallish sub, there are other options that may be a better "bang-for-your-buck" buy. You won't have the matching finish that you would if you stay all Axiom though. If on the other hand you need/want a real beastly subwoofer, the EP500 and EP600 subs are darn hard to beat for their price - and you'll have matching finishes to boot!
Posted By: T2002T Re: Question about home theatre - 02/13/07 06:32 PM
Yeah the room is medium sized 17X17. Your right about the finish though I forgot about that, and since I will probably go with the cherry it be hard to match. What other subs would you recommend?

Thanks.
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Question about home theatre - 02/13/07 06:33 PM
Depending on your room size, I would recommend to buy M22 bookshelves and an EP350 sub (or EP500 if you can swing it). The mid range clarity will be greater on the M22s vs the M50s.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Question about home theatre - 02/13/07 06:39 PM
I'm a big fan of Hsu. Their line of subwoofers are most excellent.

I can't think of the model, but there's also a small sub from Rocket that many people have raved about, though with your room size, I think you'd be better of with a medium/large sub.

Your room is large enough to swing a good sized sub. I'd opt for a matching EP500. Order everything from the outlet and you'll get the full system discount, as well as the factory outlet discount. If you do a search on the forums regarding the outlet, you'll find that it's a no-brainer...order from the outlet!
Posted By: T2002T Re: Question about home theatre - 02/13/07 07:07 PM
Sounds like a plan I will buy from the outlet but which speakers or should I keep the same as the epic 50? I guess I want the best sound possible within the epic 50 175 budget.

Thanks for the help.
Posted By: Wid Re: Question about home theatre - 02/13/07 07:32 PM
Keep everything in the Epic 50 package but replace the sub with the Hsu VTF 2.3 You don't say where you are from, the Hsu is a better deal for us in the U.S than in Canada.
Posted By: T2002T Re: Question about home theatre - 02/13/07 07:48 PM
If I do that I could probably upgrade the fronts to the 60. Sounds like a plan, when ordering from the outlet how that the right approximate time for or does it come sooner? I should order soon then.

I guess for that website I need to ship it to US and bring it back to Canada.

Thanks.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Question about home theatre - 02/13/07 07:56 PM
If having the same finish (color) for all your speakers is important, then you may want to order an Axiom sub. You don't mention what color your considering.
Posted By: Wid Re: Question about home theatre - 02/13/07 08:10 PM

They look pretty good together imo
Posted By: LightninJoe Re: Question about home theatre - 02/13/07 08:57 PM
The delivery time varies on the Outlet products. My order was listed at 8 weeks and they showed up in 5. It just depends on how long it takes to get a "defect." I put the word in quotes because most of us have never found a so-called "defect" on our FO speakers.

PS: Don't forget to plan to be sick on delivery day!
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Question about home theatre - 02/13/07 09:10 PM
I stand corrected.
Posted By: T2002T Re: Question about home theatre - 02/13/07 10:12 PM
So I will do as suggested one last question are the m60 better than the M22s? I read another post where it was mentioned they are better that the 50s but how about the 60? Also I will be getting the sub you suggested.
So I will get 2 m60 2 qs4 1 vp100 from the factory outlet too.

Thanks for all the info everyone

Oh yes I will make sure to take that day sick. I take it they only charge you once they ship right?
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Question about home theatre - 02/13/07 10:32 PM
Everyone has a different opinion. Many like the 50's over the 22's for better bass response. The 22's are said to be better in the mid's and high category. I don't think the 22's would be better than the 60's, maybe close with a sub in the equation. The 60's put out killer bass.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Question about home theatre - 02/13/07 11:08 PM
The M22ti and M60ti's are different animals for different applications. If you've got the room for large floor standing speakers, get them. If you're in a smaller room, I'd opt for the M22ti's. The benefit that you can gain from M60ti's will be lost if you try to cram them into a small space.

Both have Axiom's signature clarity and detail.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Question about home theatre - 02/13/07 11:30 PM
Quote:

I take it they only charge you once they ship right?

Check with Axiom about that. I'm not sure, especially with F.O. stuff...
© Axiom Message Boards