Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Jhunter Center Speaker Placement - 02/14/07 09:07 PM
Is it best to place the center speaker (VP150 v2) above or below the television?
Posted By: dllewel Re: Center Speaker Placement - 02/14/07 09:12 PM
Depends... probably best to have it closest to the viewers ear level, and the height of the left and right tweeters. Also good to keep a little distance from the ceiling or floor to cut down on reflections if you can. Just don't mount directly against the ceiling, or set it on the floor and you should be okay.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Center Speaker Placement - 02/14/07 09:31 PM
As Dave mentioned, it is best to have the center and left/right tweeters inline and at ear level. However, this may not be possible in all situations. Many people mount the centers below or above, and then angle them slightly towards the listeners.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Center Speaker Placement - 02/14/07 10:53 PM
Quote:

Is it best to place the center speaker (VP150 v2) above or below the television?

Wherever you find the works the best for your situation, just try it out in both spots and go with the one that works best. I don't think there is a definitive placement for any speaker as everyones set up is different. You do the best you can with what you have.
Posted By: grunt Re: Center Speaker Placement - 02/15/07 04:30 AM
One thing I found is that it depended on the height of my sitting position compared to the vertical center of the television. I sit a little below looking slightly up at the center of the TV. In that position putting the VP 150 above the TV tilted slightly down at me fixes it’s sound better to the screen than putting it below the screen closer to ear level. But try it out since you might find something else works better with your setup.

Dean
© Axiom Message Boards