Axiom Home Page
Posted By: a401classic Well I think this sealed it for me... - 02/22/07 09:56 AM
I had pretty much decided on the EMO MPS-1 amp and I was leaning toward a Yam V1700 as a pre/pro to hold me until the HDMI wars had calmed down a bit, but then found This tonight and now just have to decide between the DMC and MMC pre/pro's. If I order the Big Dogs, it will come with the HDMI switcher and the MX500 remote and the XLR cables and the combo discount. If I mix it up (MMC and MPS), I lose the remote and combo discount, actually making it a bit more expensive by the time I get an MX500 or Harmony 880...

Either way the 40% discount will make upgrading that much easier, and I think I can put up with a few kwirks with the EMO pre/pro's over the Yammi for a year.

I would certainly welcome comments/suggestions for the pre/pro.

Scott
Posted By: Ajax Re: Well I think this sealed it for me... - 02/22/07 01:05 PM
Scott, to the best of my knowledge, it has been the LMC-1 pre/pro that has had the "quirks," while the DMC has been around for several years with few or no problems, and the MMC hasn't been released yet which makes it an unknown quantity. If, by going with the MMC, you actually lose the remote and discount, and it would actually cost more, I would think the DMC would be the obvious choice.
Posted By: ctown Re: Well I think this sealed it for me... - 02/22/07 03:39 PM
I have nothing to offer in advice on the audio side. I just wanted to say it looks like a sweet HT setup you are building there.

I have the 61FC97 and have had since Sept. I use the Panny S-77 with similar Faroujda processer as the Oppo and have been loving it for months. Just building an epic grand master system in stages right now. Good luck.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Well I think this sealed it for me... - 02/22/07 04:34 PM
this is great news. I currently have an mps-1 which will last for ever. I can't wait to see what Emotiva comes out with in the near future, to bad they won't trade in my Denon 2805.
© Axiom Message Boards