Axiom Home Page
Posted By: mmmkam Center channel placement with AT screen. - 02/25/07 12:54 PM
I am the process of finishing a dedicated theater room and was wondering if anyone had some tips on center channel placement with an acoustically transparent screen. I have a pair of M60 towers and a vp150 up front.

In terms of height should the center tweaters be lined up with the M60 tweaters, centered on the screen or some other recommendation?
If I had the AT screen setup, I would put another M60 behind it. I know that doesn't really answer your specific question...
Posted By: PaulM Re: Center channel placement with AT screen. - 02/25/07 07:43 PM
mmm
Welcome. Yes, do exactly as you have described. This is the ideal placement for the speakers you have.

Paul
Posted By: Jordan Re: Center channel placement with AT screen. - 02/25/07 09:54 PM
um, I'm not sure the question was answered yet. I'm curious to know myself. What is optimal: CC same height as the tweeters on the towers or in the middle of the screen?

J
Tweeters on the towers.
Posted By: mmmkam Re: Center channel placement with AT screen. - 02/26/07 03:10 PM
Quote:

If I had the AT screen setup, I would put another M60 behind it. I know that doesn't really answer your specific question...

I would tend to agree, but when I started my room I didnt plan on having an AT screen. By the time I switched to a 2.35:1 AT screen in my build out I had already bought my speakers so at this point I am just going to stick with what I have. I can always upgrade to a 3rd M60 later
Posted By: mmmkam Re: Center channel placement with AT screen. - 02/26/07 03:12 PM
Thanks for the feedback everyone... Now to figure out how hight I need to get a stand for the VP150 to match the tweater height on my M60s.
© Axiom Message Boards