Axiom Home Page
Posted By: baglorious Pulled the trigger tonight! - 02/28/07 03:05 AM
I haven't posted in a while, after a flurry when I first logged onto the forums, trying to figure out what I wanted... that was 6 weeks ago or so...

I just did it, finally. Amazing how the "price increase" (which would have amounted to approx $50, lol) is enough of an incentive to keep me from screwin' around any longer!

Factory outlet Epic 60/500 in Black Oak... with the exception of eggshell white QS8s with eggshell white grilles.

Woot!

Now to figure out how to tell my girlfriend soon to be fiance... (Went with the "easier to ask forgiveness than permission" strategy. I'll let you know how that works.)
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Pulled the trigger tonight! - 02/28/07 03:21 AM
Congrats on the order!
Posted By: JohnK Re: Pulled the trigger tonight! - 02/28/07 03:24 AM
Very good, Mark; I'm sure that you'll get great enjoyment from that setup.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Pulled the trigger tonight! - 02/28/07 03:34 AM
Congrats on your new addition to your home.
Posted By: real80sman Re: Pulled the trigger tonight! - 02/28/07 04:14 AM
Quote:

my girlfriend soon to be fiance...

Well, at least you got the order right. You got the speakers BEFORE you got the fiance. Trust me - disposable income for such things is suddenly earmarked for end tables and curtains.

Back before we got married, I'd introduce her this way: "And this is my future X-wife, Tracy....." The person's eyes would dart back and forth wildly in total shock. I used to laugh my @ss off.
Posted By: thyname Re: Pulled the trigger tonight! - 02/28/07 04:19 AM
Quote:

Now to figure out how to tell my girlfriend soon to be fiance...

Are you sure about the "soon to be fiance" part now after you did this?? Just kidding. Now you are like me, waiting for the speakers to come!
Posted By: jakewash Re: Pulled the trigger tonight! - 02/28/07 04:33 AM
So much for the honeymoon(and this WILL come back to haunt you sometime, trust me). But you can spend it listening to your new speakers. Congrats.
Posted By: LightninJoe Re: Pulled the trigger tonight! - 02/28/07 04:44 AM
Quote:

Now to figure out how to tell my girlfriend soon to be fiance...

You ordered first. Nice to see a young man with his priorities squarely in order.

And prepared to be blown away!!!
Posted By: KC23 Re: Pulled the trigger tonight! - 02/28/07 01:11 PM
You're not married yet ... you should be good to go.
Posted By: abbub Re: Pulled the trigger tonight! - 02/28/07 01:49 PM
Quote:

So much for the honeymoon(and this WILL come back to haunt you sometime, trust me).

Hrm. I have an agreement with the lady. In exchange for letting her watch movies of questionable value (read: chick flicks) on my A/V system, *I* get to define just what that A/V system is comprised of. And with that, I'm off to go pull the trigger myself.
Posted By: Wegiz Re: Pulled the trigger tonight! - 03/01/07 12:58 AM
Congrats! That sounds like a very nice setup.
Posted By: a401classic Re: Pulled the trigger tonight! - 03/01/07 02:28 AM
Quote:

... Now to figure out how to tell my girlfriend soon to be fiance... (Went with the "easier to ask forgiveness than permission" strategy. I'll let you know how that works.)

That's easy! Just increase the rock size by at least 1/2 carat and she won't care. LOL

It took me a while to get the WAF in line. I started with M22's because towers were so "70's - Bow-chicka-wow-wow" as she put's it. I finally got her to accept a tower and started at the M50's... well the M60's are only 2" taller then the 50's and the M80's are only 2" taller than the 60's. Long story, short, I've got 80's on the way. So now she has labeled the HT as "The Man Room". A large donation to the landscaping fund has helped tremendiously (thank God she's not into jewlery).

Hope you enjoy your system.

Scott
Posted By: liquidchaos Re: Pulled the trigger tonight! - 03/04/07 08:11 AM
You might luck out man. She might love them as much as you do after they are setup. Mine was like "Wtf do you need these for!!" when she came home to the large boxes in the house. We recently moved and she complains every few days they aren't set back up yet.
© Axiom Message Boards