Axiom Home Page
Posted By: SirQuack My HT movie intro, thanks to ? - 03/15/07 03:31 AM
Well, I can't really tell you who created this for me, but I was messing around with my dads digital camera tonight taking pictures of my new Ebony speakers. Yes, I will try to get them updated asap.

Anyway, I took a stab at creating a movie. I know it is a little jittery, but not to bad for having my 2yr old grabing at my legs while recording. Using TheaterTek DVD Software on my HTPC, I have a few Dolby and DTS intros that come up, followed by this one.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v396/sirquack/?action=view&current=PorterPlexIntro.flv
Posted By: ctk Re: My HT movie intro, thanks to ? - 03/15/07 03:35 AM
That is slick. Now you just need to figure out how to get your HTPC to run that when you turn on your system...
Posted By: SirQuack Re: My HT movie intro, thanks to ? - 03/15/07 03:40 AM
That is not a big deal to me. Many times when I first turn on the PC, I go right to my browser and cruise the forums or listen to online music. The TheaterTek software is pretty cool as it will run my trailers on DVD insert, or if I manually kick off a movie.

I actually have 5 things that come up prior to the movie:
1) An old fashion cartoon like in the theaters that says "10 minutes until show time" "Get your buttery popcorn" "and Delicious softdrinks"
2) Then another animated clip of a roller coaster like simulation through space. The track is actualy the film from a movie reel. It ends with a planet exploding, pretty decent sound also.
3) Then I move onto a DTS and 4) Dolby trailer.
5) And finally, the one you just viewed.

Works for me.
Posted By: richeydog Re: My HT movie intro, thanks to ? - 03/15/07 04:15 AM
Quote:

I actually have 5 things that come up prior to the movie:
1) An old fashion cartoon like in the theaters that says "10 minutes until show time" "Get your buttery popcorn" "and Delicious softdrinks"
2) Then another animated clip of a roller coaster like simulation through space. The track is actualy the film from a movie reel. It ends with a planet exploding, pretty decent sound also.
3) Then I move onto a DTS and 4) Dolby trailer.
5) And finally, the one you just viewed.

You forget to ask the audience to silence their cell phones...
Posted By: Wid Re: My HT movie intro, thanks to ? - 03/15/07 11:52 AM

Looks good Randy.
Posted By: Murph Re: My HT movie intro, thanks to ? - 03/15/07 02:24 PM
Looks very cool Randy. Love to know what software was used to mix the video.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: My HT movie intro, thanks to ? - 03/16/07 01:19 AM
Thanks guys, I believe the program used to render the movie is called Blendor. There is a long post on AVSforum somewhere talking about creating this animation. It can take like 10-20 hours to actually rendor the file down to a 20MB ISO image that you place on a DVD or hard drive. The cool thing is it also has the 20th Century music in synch.
Posted By: Krich Re: My HT movie intro, thanks to ? - 03/16/07 03:17 AM
Here ya go, I think this is it...

Universal Style Animation
Posted By: pmbuko Re: My HT movie intro, thanks to ? - 03/16/07 11:59 AM
Blender renders.
Posted By: dllewel Re: My HT movie intro, thanks to ? - 03/16/07 04:00 PM
Blender is pretty powerful, but can be very time consuming to learn. I've dabbled with it

Randy, I bet the real thing looks and sounds great on your system in 5.1 and on your cinema screen.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: My HT movie intro, thanks to ? - 03/17/07 03:07 PM
you know it Dave. This little clip does not do it justice, the picture is top notch, and the audio is great! In DD + PLIIx my guests are amazed.
© Axiom Message Boards