Axiom Home Page
Posted By: axiom_man Question about my front line - 04/03/07 05:33 PM
If and when I go to a Front projection screen. I know that in an ideal situation 7 MT80's all around would be perfect. My question is if I went with 3 MT80's on the front line my centre channel would I stand it up right behind the screen or lay it sideways. just wondering where the tweeters will be over to one side and the woofers on the other.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Question about my front line - 04/03/07 05:55 PM
You don't want to lay down a floorstanding speaker, or a bookshelf in most instances. The horizontal axis dispersion of the sound would then be altered to be vertical and screw up the soundstage.

Also, if your going to place the speakers behind a screen, you better make sure your using a perforated type screen to allow the sound to come through as best as possible.
Posted By: axiom_man Re: Question about my front line - 04/03/07 06:09 PM
yeh, I am think of the Da-lite audio screen. But I really have to think if a 55" Hitachi Plasma or the 60" Sony SXBR is sufficient enough. My current room when completed will be 13.5' w x 18' long I am sitting approx 11 ft from the screen. However in 5 - 6 years I plan on building an addition Movie room only and am not sure but 15x21x8 is what I am planning so what would I do with a 60" tv at least I can relocate the 55" to my wifes living room and I don't think she would complain, plus it is a hidden bribe to get me a nice front projection screen. Think you just talked me into a 55"
© Axiom Message Boards