Axiom Home Page
Posted By: HomeDad SAMSUNG Electronics to Release Duo HD Player - 04/13/07 11:38 PM
It looks like the two formats are both going to live on.
Samsung Duo
I'm going to wait until I can get a single player that supports Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, DVD-A, SACD and all the other CD formats.
I thought Samsung supported Blu Ray?

What's this one going to cost? $$$$$$$$$$$

I can't wait until the dual format players are priced near the $250 range. Then I'm on it!
LG had the first one a little while back. Prices are around $1200 or something for that. The LG one does not support HD-DVD's HDi (HD Interactive) which is some of the "extra" goodies of the HD-DVD format, but it does support 100% Blu-Ray and the main parts of HD-DVD (Audio and Video)... The Samsung will be a step ahead with 100% compatability. Cost? Who knows. At this rate though, I would expect to see a dual format player for $500 in 18-24 months (wishful thinking maybe).
I haven't seen the cost announced yet, but I think it is a step in the right direction. As more companies like Samsung (they were dedicated to Blu-ray) realize the need for dual players the prices will inevitably have to drop due to competition.
© Axiom Message Boards