Axiom Home Page
Posted By: bigsid m60 on stands? - 05/06/07 07:30 PM
Does anyone here have their m60's on short stands? M60's are only about 37" tall and I was thinking about putting mine on short stands to bring them up closer to the same level as my vp150, which sits on top of the tv, and to bring the tweeter up closer to sitting ear level. I have also seen stands that lean back slightly, wonder if they make a difference? Any ideas would be helpful...
Posted By: bridgman Re: m60 on stands? - 05/06/07 07:42 PM
I ran my M60s on a couple of concrete blocks for a while, but retired the blocks when I moved to a new house with a soft pine floor in the HT area.

I will probably end up either making some risers or (hopefully) finding some kind of small solid storage unit already made that I can put the 60s on. The 60s are a bit lower than I would like relative to the screen.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: m60 on stands? - 05/06/07 07:49 PM
What type of chairs are you sitting in? If you measure your ear height on most couches or recliners for Home Theaters setups, it is pretty close to the 37.5" height. Besides, the tweeter sound comes in a cone shape into the room not directly at you.

Many people treat their side walls/ceilings with absorption material as the sound reflects off the walls/ceiling as well.

Now there is something to be said about trying to have your left/right main tweeters as close as possible to the Center, but that is not set in stone. You could always angle your center towards you.
Posted By: bridgman Re: m60 on stands? - 05/06/07 09:57 PM
The original poster's user name is "bigsid". Might be a clue...

I know that when I sit on normal furniture my eyes & ears are several inches higher than the norm -- that's actually why I want to put the risers under the 60s.

Posted By: SirQuack Re: m60 on stands? - 05/06/07 09:59 PM
Well the girls at work call me Big Rand, and that is not because I'm only 5'11.5" ha ha....
Posted By: bridgman Re: m60 on stands? - 05/06/07 10:04 PM
Yeah, good point.

(thinks for a minute)

Tell me again about all the smiling girls at your office birthday party ?
Posted By: bigsid Re: m60 on stands? - 05/07/07 12:57 PM
I do sit a little higher on the couch than most people do, I'm 6'9", but the main reason I was interested in the stands was to raise them up closer to the center speaker, and of course for looks too. The m60s sit lower than my old m22s on stands, I was curious if anyone had found some good short stands for them, I imagine they need to be metal stands, m60s are a little heavy, probably be a little wobbly with wooden stands. Thanks guys...
© Axiom Message Boards