Axiom Home Page
Has anyone bit on this yet? comments welcome.

Scott
Not yet, but Samsung is coming out with one also which will be cheaper.
The way the prices are going down you can buy 2 standalone players for less than the LG combo. I'm sure by the time the Samsung is released it will be in an acceptable price range.
Posted By: Theo Re: LG Blu Ray / HD-DVD combo player, anyone? - 05/08/07 06:17 PM
Scott,

The LG HD combo player has some playback limitations with HD-DVD's...that is most suppliments and high-def "features" will not work, only the movie itself! BR appears to work fine. However, for the LG's current asking price you can get stand alone HD players that work as well or better for less!

I agree with Randy, the upcoming Samsung combo player looks to be real promising...if you can wait!!

I already have the Toshiba A2 and by the end of the year, I'll be format-neutral with a Samsung 1200!

Ted
I too, am keen to see what Samsung puts on the market. I suspect that a boat-load of other manufacturers will have dual-format units available by early 08'. It will be good to see the results of unsighted auditions with these decks vs. 'classic' redbook - cause' I feel that they will hold their own, that is: be sonically transparent - and thus, offer the very best ‘audio source’ investment out there.

Andrew D.
www.cdnav.com
Hmmm. Think I'll wait and see what Spring brings. The LG units hit the market here at $799 then quickly shot up to $1199. At 799 it beat buying one of each and I wasn't too concerned with the lack of interactive functions, but not at 1199.

Scott
© Axiom Message Boards