Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Nick B New Outlaw amp - 05/23/07 01:51 PM
Check out the new Outlaw amp at http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/7900.html. This needs two seperate 15 amp circuit breakers when running full tilt. This is a 125 lb monster.

- Nick
Posted By: dllewel Re: New Outlaw amp - 05/23/07 02:08 PM
http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/7900.html
Nice!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: New Outlaw amp - 05/23/07 02:12 PM
If I had that kind of money, I'd spend it on the upcoming Axiom amp.
Posted By: CV Re: New Outlaw amp - 05/23/07 10:54 PM
Yeah, I wish I had the money for the Axiom amp. I don't care if it's more amp than I need.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: New Outlaw amp - 05/24/07 12:02 AM
Peter makes a good point, though. It's doubtful TO ME that the Outlaw amp would "sound better" than the Axiom amp, and the increase in installation and operating costs would be significant.
Posted By: dllewel Re: New Outlaw amp - 05/24/07 03:21 AM
Plus, I like the Axiom flexibility in that if you are only using it for 2 or 3 channels, you get to harness the power from the unused channels.
Posted By: duckman Re: New Outlaw amp - 05/24/07 03:34 AM
As long as we're leering at and drooling over powerhouse amps like Tim Taylor- This is my entry in the "how big is your amp" parade.
Posted By: Mojo Re: New Outlaw amp - 05/24/07 05:02 AM
Gee! How does Bob Carver do it? His amplifier provides 400WX7 channels, CONTINUOUSLY, for a whopping 2,800W total. But he has a 15A fuse protecting the input limiting the total power to 1800W max. I guess his "downconverting technology" must also include some kind of generation source within the amplifier to provide the additional 1,000W (does anyone hear a diesel generator running in there?). He really is brilliant . Don't buy anything from this guy!
Posted By: Robert_W Re: New Outlaw amp - 05/24/07 10:54 PM
Yup there's always something new. My Outlaw 7700 is only a year or so old, but if I had it to do again today I'd by the 7900 in a heartbeat.

Now if price were no object..... Halcro

Any one got an extra 40 grand to spare?
Posted By: ihifi Re: New Outlaw amp - 05/25/07 01:48 AM
I am sure one can bridge the channels in the new Outlaw amp to run the 3 front (L,C,R) or two main channels to render it equal in power to the new Axiom amp for the same number of channels. I am anxiously awaiting the release of the Axiom amp, having looked at lightly used amps (Krell TAS, Theta Dreadnaught II, Plinius Odeon, BAT VK-6200, Parasound Halo A51, Anthem Statement P5, Cary Cinema, and Bryston) in the $3500-4500 price range. It is hard to keep track of which amps sounded bright, dark, warm, lean, edgy, grainy, transparent, and other adjective (read "subjective") attributes people tend to assign them.

Despite this confusing array of options, It is nice to note how competitive the home theater market has become as more companies are trying to tap into the expanding HT market. The Axiom amp is not cheap at $3850, especially since it is their first foray into the multi-channel amp market and they are going in with a digital amp against some well-established heavy (literally) hitters. It is my belief that around this price point, one is right on the edge of the slippery slope of diminishing returns (for multi-channel amps, not mono blocks), and knowing how fantastic my Axiom speakers perform compared to much pricier and better known brands, I have no doubt that this new amp will break new ground for price/performance.

John
Posted By: dllewel Re: New Outlaw amp - 05/25/07 01:57 AM
Great thoughts- I expect you will be correct on this.
© Axiom Message Boards