Axiom Home Page
Posted By: ereed Just ordered the EP500 subwoofer!!!!!!!!! - 06/13/07 12:53 AM
I decided to take the pludge and order the EP500 subwoofer. I think I made the correct choice for my 16 by 16 feet room. So which cable is best to connect the EP500 to my Rotel 1068 prepro. Should I use regular rca such as bettercables, blue jeans, or should I use balanced cable? Also I see the amp has alot of options and buttons/controls.....hopefully I'll get it going because I had an old Infinity sub which only had volume knob and xover only. Wooo hooo! I'm excited! Can't wait to show you guys pics also!
Awesome I don't think you will be dissapointed. I use a Blue Jeans rca sub cable, I'm sure any rca will do fine, I've never tried the balanced cable, not sure if there would be a difference.
Posted By: ihifi Re: Just ordered the EP500 subwoofer!!!!!!!!! - 06/13/07 01:48 AM
Congratulations on ordering the EP-500. Before ordering it myself, I really wondered if it was worth its cost. Now, I think it's worth every penny, and I am contemplating a second one. You will be very content. The manual is well written but not enough for a proper set up. There are excellent posts in this forum with loads of practical advice which will help you along. I also found the EP-500 owners here to be extremely courteous and helpful. I would be considered a novice but would be glad to help.

I am using the LC-1 subwoofer cable from Blue Jeans (recommended by some here), and I am very happy with it.

Good Luck!

John
Congratulations. You're going to have a lot of fun with the new sub. My favorite comment so far (from someone sitting several feet away from chips's new 500) was :

"I thought you said that below 80 hz you couldn't tell where the subwoofer is -- I can close my eyes and tell you it's right (points) there".

"Well, some people can localize below 80 hz but not many. Are you sure you can really hear the sound coming from the sub ?"

"Sound ? No, I can't tell from the sound. I can feel the air from the sub blowing my pants around".
Posted By: ereed Re: Just ordered the EP500 subwoofer!!!!!!!!! - 06/13/07 02:20 AM
Just ordered the LC-1 cable in 6 feet, thats all I need! And its cheap too, compared to Monster Cable and I bet its better quality as well. I still have yet to calibrate my speakers and the video, but now I'm gonna just enjoy the sub and forget about calibrating. ha ha
I'm sure you'll be very happy with the EP500. I sure am. I can't even crank it up because my entire condo would shake! One thing though, read up on the "hum from subwoofer" threads if you experience problems. The ground isolator that Axiom sells completely eliminated my hum.
Posted By: Theo Re: Just ordered the EP500 subwoofer!!!!!!!!! - 06/14/07 04:33 PM
Quote:

I decided to take the pludge and order the EP500 subwoofer. I think I made the correct choice for my 16 by 16 feet room. So which cable is best to connect the EP500 to my Rotel 1068 prepro. Should I use regular rca such as bettercables, blue jeans, or should I use balanced cable? Also I see the amp has alot of options and buttons/controls.....hopefully I'll get it going because I had an old Infinity sub which only had volume knob and xover only. Wooo hooo! I'm excited! Can't wait to show you guys pics also!

Congrats, Eric...You are going to LOVE this sub! I have mine covering a 7K cf Great Room with an 11' cathedral ceiling. The EP500 goes Very Deep with authority and tight control at realistic (110db @ listening chair) theater levels, never straining or giving up! SHMBO complained the other night when the depth charges in U-571 were creating ripples in the waterbed...at the back of the House (yes, slab home)!!!

I'm using a quality Acoustic Research Sub RCA cable...works well, but any quality cable (Axioms or even Monoprice, etc..) should work great! Not sure about balanced vs unbalanced?

Hope this helps!
Ted

Here's a pic of the EP500 in my HT setup:

Posted By: ereed Re: Just ordered the EP500 subwoofer!!!!!!!!! - 06/15/07 02:54 AM
Sweet! That pic looks better than the pics on Axiom's sub page. Now I'm drooling!
© Axiom Message Boards