Axiom Home Page
Posted By: michael_d Possible NEW PS3 IR solution - 06/21/07 04:40 PM
Has anyone else tried this thing yet??

http://www.amazon.com/Blu-Wave-Remote-for-PS3/dp/B000R5H7KE/

I’m going to order this thing and give it a try. It looks to be a more attractive IR solution than the PS2 work around. I hope my MX 850 can learn its codes. About the only thing I don't like about the PS3 for Blue Ray is the dam remote.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Possible NEW PS3 IR solution - 06/21/07 04:58 PM
Mike, that looks very promising, I'll be very interested to see if it works, I would order one myself now if we weren't leaving for vacation in a couple days.
Posted By: michael_d Re: Possible NEW PS3 IR solution - 06/21/07 05:27 PM
Vacation?? Again?? I think you are on vacation more than home...LOL

I'm planning a Napa trip now. Will be there second week in October.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Possible NEW PS3 IR solution - 06/21/07 07:49 PM
We're coming your way Sunday, a 7 day AK cruise on the NCS Pearl, then 5 days in Seattle with friends before flying home. I've been doing the weather watch in Alaska for the last couple weeks, looks like we'll get some rain over there next week. We are really looking forward to the trip.
Napa in October should be a great trip, if you have the time I would highly recommend the wine train, a great way to sample many of the vinyards. We are looking to head back over there again either during Thanksgiving or for Christmas.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Possible NEW PS3 IR solution - 06/21/07 10:51 PM
We'll call him VacationDad from now on .

But seriously, HomeDad is one of my top ten role models. HomeDad, you should write a book. Or even better have your own TV show.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Possible NEW PS3 IR solution - 06/22/07 12:24 AM

Posted By: michael_d Re: Possible NEW PS3 IR solution - 06/22/07 02:19 PM
Happy Birthday, aging vacationdad….

I’ll look into the wine train. I’m going with friends that hit Napa every year and mentioned it to them. They just rolled their eyes and called me a tourist. I’ll still go though….

I ordered the remote gadget yesterday. I won’t get it for a couple weeks though.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Possible NEW PS3 IR solution - 06/22/07 03:03 PM
Quote:

They just rolled their eyes and called me a tourist.

Lol, Napa itself is probably one of the premier tourist attractions in the world for wine lovers. One of my favorite things about the place is drinking and chatting with folks from all over the globe.
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: Possible NEW PS3 IR solution - 06/23/07 05:11 AM
Just saw that today on engadget. Thanks for the Amazon rec, good price. I think I'll give it a try since it's cheap. Then I can program my Harmony and finally be able to use that $800 doorstop for something useful...
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Possible NEW PS3 IR solution - 07/09/07 08:07 PM
Anyone get this thing yet, If it works I'll order one today.
Posted By: michael_d Re: Possible NEW PS3 IR solution - 07/09/07 08:24 PM
I ordered it a couple weeks ago, but Amazon still hasn't shipped the dam thing.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Possible NEW PS3 IR solution - 07/09/07 09:54 PM
Heck, for $14.00 I just went out and bought one off eBay, since they claimed to have them in stock.
Posted By: michael_d Re: Possible NEW PS3 IR solution - 07/11/07 02:01 PM
Let me know how that works out. I just got this email from Amazon...

Hello from Amazon.com.

We wanted to let you know that there is an unexpected delay with your video game order you placed on June 21 2007 11:09 PDT. Unfortunately, we are unable to ship the product(s) as soon as we expected and need to provide you with a new estimate of when they may be delivered:

"Playstation 3 Blu Wave Remote" [Video Game]
Estimated arrival date: 08/09/2007 - 08/15/2007
Posted By: avdude Re: Possible NEW PS3 IR solution - 07/11/07 02:23 PM
So do you's think we can teach our harmony remotes with this thing.. I love my Harmony 880 until it comes to PS
Has anyone found these in any stores.. I am headed to the US for the weekend and would love to pick one up if we can use it to programme the harmony ..

Avdude..
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Possible NEW PS3 IR solution - 07/11/07 03:05 PM
If it's an IR remote, the Harmony can learn it. I doubted that there would be a code for my iPod dock (Kensington-made) in their database, but there it was.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Possible NEW PS3 IR solution - 07/18/07 12:10 AM
Just received mine in the mail today, and programmed all the commands into my Harmony 880 with no problems. You still have to turn the PS3 on and off with a controller or manually, since the USB infrared receiver powers up with the system. But that's a small issue compared to the benefits of having everything on my Harmony where I can see all the buttons and am familiar with their locations.
Overall I'm extremely happy with this purchase.
Posted By: michael_d Re: Possible NEW PS3 IR solution - 07/18/07 01:58 AM
Too funny….. I just got mine in the mail today and set up my MX 850. SWEET!! This is about the best twelve bucks I’ve spent on this HT so far.
© Axiom Message Boards