Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Riker Sub isolation platform - 06/22/07 09:27 PM
Hello,

Does anyone have any first hand experience with "decoupling" the sub from the floor using a isolation platform like the Auralex Subdude / Gramma ?

Just wondering if they contribute positively to the sound or just a waste of money.

Thanks !

Riker
Posted By: darthkringle Re: Sub isolation platform - 06/23/07 12:51 AM
I own the Auralex Subdude which raises and decouples subs from the floor. I can verify with my Velodyne SMS-1 that it has NO effect on the Sub output or frequency response. What it does do is cut down on vibrations within the room from other objects that may also be on your floor and therefore "energized" by the sub's output. If you have people below you or hear many things rattling in your room when the sub is active, then I would say it is a wise choice.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Sub isolation platform - 06/23/07 07:36 PM
Have you tried large cell bubble wrap?
Posted By: Riker Re: Sub isolation platform - 06/26/07 01:40 AM
Thanks for the reply.. The sub will be sitting on a poured concrete basement floor, with carpet on top, so I don't have any issues with the floor being energized or anything like that. I was more curious about the sound quality..

Thanks again,

Riker
Posted By: Mojo Re: Sub isolation platform - 06/26/07 02:41 AM
My spiked 600 sits on a concrete basement floor that is covered with 10 pound underlay and 60 oz carpet. The spikes reach right down to the concrete. It sounds just great and the sub stays completely put...but my couch does not .
© Axiom Message Boards