Axiom Home Page
Posted By: ereed Pics of the Axiom setup - 06/23/07 02:22 AM
Ok, quite few pics of the setup. Sorry if the pics are blurry or not up to your HD standards.

Posted By: Wid Re: Pics of the Axiom setup - 06/23/07 02:28 AM
Nice looking set up, clean install. I bet it sounds great too. I like the pics of the Rotel equipment too
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Pics of the Axiom setup - 06/23/07 02:42 AM
Great pictures! I love your choice of colors in the living room and kitchen. I also think that may be the most inconspicuous wire-molding I've ever seen.
Posted By: ereed Re: Pics of the Axiom setup - 06/23/07 02:46 AM
Thanks. Reason I had to do wire molding is because the house is built on concrete slab so I can't run underneath, and there is bedroom above the home theater room so I had no choice but to use the molding and paint it. So far no one has noticed it, even the wife doesn't noticed. he he
Posted By: Mojo Re: Pics of the Axiom setup - 06/23/07 05:27 AM
That's a nice looking set-up. How's the bass?
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Pics of the Axiom setup - 06/23/07 05:31 AM
Nice room, Eric. Just to make the rest of us slobs feel good, tell us you did a ton of cleaning before the pics!
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Pics of the Axiom setup - 06/23/07 01:44 PM
looks great, just curious why you didn't put the left/right surrounds to the left/right of the listening area?
Posted By: ereed Re: Pics of the Axiom setup - 06/24/07 07:46 PM
The left window and right open hallway kept me from placing a speaker there. I could have put it on the sides but it would turn out to be 2-3 feet in front of me which i did not want. I like where its at now and its wider than the front mains. Looks like it will stay 5.1 for now and I like it. I can always add 2 more on the sides if I plan on moving the seats forward and adding more seats, etc.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Pics of the Axiom setup - 06/24/07 08:11 PM
I'm sure it works great. Most likely you have sounds bouncing off the side anyway from the angled tweeters. You have an awesome looking setup man.
Posted By: phish Re: Pics of the Axiom setup - 07/04/07 06:29 PM

this is what i've got so far. i still have to find a place for the subwoofer as i don't like where it is now for obvious reasons......
Posted By: phish Re: Pics of the Axiom setup - 07/04/07 06:32 PM
i have a harmon kardon avr-320 and a samsung dvd-r below the tv in the cabinet. i'm really thinking about getting a McIntosh a/v integrated receiver to replace the HK.

does anyone know anything about the McIntosh's?
Posted By: phish Re: Pics of the Axiom setup - 07/04/07 06:46 PM
arrrrgggg.... was i supposed to make my own thread?

if so, sorry to have hijacked yours.....

peace
j
Posted By: CV Re: Pics of the Axiom setup - 07/04/07 06:54 PM
I actually think it's a running competition to see who can hijack the most threads, so keep trying.
Posted By: avdude Re: Pics of the Axiom setup - 07/04/07 06:57 PM
Phish be sure to send your pics to Amie so she can post them in the wall of fame.. Yust follow the "Axiom Family" link found near the top of the page on the fourms..I just recieved an email from her saying that my pics have been posted BTW nice looking setup ..

Avdude..
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Pics of the Axiom setup - 07/04/07 08:07 PM
Quote:

I actually think it's a running competition to see who can hijack the most threads, so keep trying.

Yes, we specialize in thread hijacking. You're fitting right in.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Pics of the Axiom setup - 07/04/07 10:58 PM
How does it sound? How is the imaging, clarity, soundstage? How do the rears sound and the bass?
Posted By: phish Re: Pics of the Axiom setup - 07/04/07 11:48 PM
Quote:

How does it sound? How is the imaging, clarity, soundstage? How do the rears sound and the bass?

in pure layman's terms..... for stereo applications, i could not be more delighted. they speakers sound much more expensive than their price tag. they also sound much "larger" than i feel they probably should. the sound is very clear and crisp. the sound appears to be very transparent, a fact that quite pleases me. of course, i'd love to have larger ones, but with the missus, that was a factor to consider heavily. (besides, i have two mackie srm 450's upstairs in my dj setup).

for home theater applications, i'm limited to shrek, cars, thomas the train & nemo (obviously the two year old still rules the roost) as far as experience goes and i haven't really got to watch any of those in their entirety. i do realize that the center may be too large, but i really like a large center channel for whatever reason, i've always had one. the sub is a bit too small for my taste, but i don't feel that i have had to compromise much as i really rarely watch movies and when i do, the 10" sub provides plenty of bass. the rears are beautiful and i love how they fit in with the rest of the architechture. i would have liked to have mounted them lower, but i was limited due to the fire blocking that was required to be in the wall per the City.

overall, it hasn't been very long that i have had to test them and i haven't listened to very many things on them, but i am beyond satisfied.

i'll report more when i have been able to give them proper audition.

i felt i was taking a risk ordering a product online that i haven't heard, but it worked out quite nicely.
© Axiom Message Boards