Axiom Home Page
Posted By: aouimet Is the wait this bad for EVERYONE? - 07/06/07 02:22 PM
Im stuck here, still waiting for my speakers..and its killing me. Was it this bad for everyone? I was supposed to have them shipped out monday...which changed to tuesday for the canadian holiday, which was then shipped but then the 4th of july came so thats another day, and DHL isnt expecting them till monday. As to not waste everyone's time. Here is an audio question. Is a 90 watt receiver too little power for me? I can get a great deal on one from onkyo, but its only 7x90watts. Is the 100 or 110 THAT big of a difference with the whole power/dB formula?

Going crazy waiting....
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Is the wait this bad for EVERYONE? - 07/06/07 02:42 PM
The difference between 50 watts and 100 watts is about 3dB, not a big deal. You will be fine as the axiom speakers are very efficient and only require 1 watt to achieve very loud SPL from 3ft away.
Posted By: real80sman Re: Is the wait this bad for EVERYONE? - 07/06/07 02:47 PM
Quote:

The difference between 50 watts and 100 watts is about 3dB, not a big deal. You will be fine as the axiom speakers are very efficient and only require 1 watt to achieve very loud SPL from 3ft away.

Unless you are in the Porterplex STADIUM, then you'll need 1.21 Jigawatts from an Odyssey amp with flux capacitors.
Posted By: CV Re: Is the wait this bad for EVERYONE? - 07/06/07 02:55 PM
real80sman just went back to the funny!
Posted By: dllewel Re: Is the wait this bad for EVERYONE? - 07/06/07 02:56 PM
There is very little difference betweeen a true 90wpc vs. 100 wpc. It would be about 0.46 dB (less than 1/2 of one dB).

And yes, the wait is always bad
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Is the wait this bad for EVERYONE? - 07/06/07 03:14 PM
that is totally awesome, I need to watch that movie tonight.
Posted By: dllewel Re: Is the wait this bad for EVERYONE? - 07/06/07 03:22 PM
Marty!
Doc!
Marty!
Doc, Doc!

You will watch this movie tonight Randy, it is your density.
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Is the wait this bad for EVERYONE? - 07/06/07 03:34 PM
yes,

the wait sucks. You know what wait even sucks more? Waiting to upgrade!
Posted By: Mojo Re: Is the wait this bad for EVERYONE? - 07/06/07 04:11 PM
Randy, I can't believe you said doubling the power is not a big deal .

But really, for home applications, the 90W amp should be just fine for you unless you have hearing issues (in which case your hearing aid should compensate) or you are in a very large or noisy room.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Is the wait this bad for EVERYONE? - 07/06/07 04:19 PM
Its all about reserve and headroom my friend.
Posted By: Nachosgrande Re: Is the wait this bad for EVERYONE? - 07/06/07 07:31 PM
It's the aural equivalent of blue balls
Posted By: Rock_Head Re: Is the wait this bad for EVERYONE? - 07/06/07 08:48 PM
Priceless!!
© Axiom Message Boards