Axiom Home Page
Posted By: photon New Denon Line Announced - 07/24/07 07:44 PM
http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/denon-line-sh...vers-281934.php

Wow, quite the group to choose from. September to December release dates.
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: New Denon Line Announced - 07/24/07 08:18 PM
Dilemma dilemma.

I was going to help someone get a 2807 but these look much more promising...
Posted By: michael_d Re: New Denon Line Announced - 07/24/07 08:37 PM
I just scanned it, but I did not see any mention of their absurdly priced $7000 Pre/Pro and $6000 amp.
Posted By: TCorzett Re: New Denon Line Announced - 07/25/07 01:39 AM
I'm waiting for the 3808CI. Quite a lovely receiver... even for $1599.

-Todd...
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Denon bets on $2000 Blu-ray player - 07/25/07 03:35 PM
Another addition to the Denon line. Denon Blu-ray Sounds interesting, but a hefty price tag.
Posted By: haylo75 Re: Denon bets on $2000 Blu-ray player - 07/27/07 05:03 AM
The new receiver line looks nice, though I couldn't help but notice around a dozen S-video inputs on the rear from the gizmodo shot. I'd trade all of those and their associated RCA inputs for a half dozen HDMI inputs.

Wi-fi will be cool for those who haven't already used another option to connect to their digital media library. I've had a squeezebox v3 for some time now. While the web interface is a bit clunky compared to GUI based media players, I will be interested to see if the Denon receivers have a suitable method to browse and/or search large digital media libraries. I have around 50k music tracks, and most products choke well before that. The Squeezebox software does an okay job, but the only satisfactory software I've found is J. River Media Center. It, however, doesn't stream near as effectively, so it's all about tradeoffs. I guess that's why I use both depending on the scenario.
Posted By: CV Re: Denon bets on $2000 Blu-ray player - 07/27/07 05:17 AM
Networked media playback will be such a great feature when it's finally implemented well.
© Axiom Message Boards