Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Nick B qs8 speaker mounts for ceiling - 08/31/07 06:50 PM
It looks like the ceiling mounts are designed so that the woofer is firing directly into the mount. Does this introduce any strange colorations into the sound?

thanks in advance for any replies, Nick
Posted By: Mojo Re: qs8 speaker mounts for ceiling - 08/31/07 07:14 PM
None that anyone would be able to hear.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: qs8 speaker mounts for ceiling - 09/01/07 01:57 PM
Nick,

I don't think there would be any issues. The lower freq's aren't as easily skewed like the higher freq's would be.

The only concerns that I've had about these new brackets is that there does not seem to be much clearance for the top driver, maybe 2-3", which may be ok. I have about 5" clearance with my DIY mounts. One very nice feature is the ability to adjust the tilt so you can angle the speakers down slightly towards the listening area.

Another feature I wish Axiom would have addressed would be the concealing of the speaker wire. They should have a bored out hole in the vertical tube that hooks to the back of the speaker, that way you could run the wires down through and have a nicer finished look.
Posted By: Nick B Re: qs8 speaker mounts for ceiling - 09/01/07 10:22 PM
Randy,

Wouldn't you think that if Axiom made the bracket so that there was only 2 or 3 inches of clearance that it would be okay? Especially since this isn't exactly an inexpensive bracket to begin with. I seems like it wouldn't cost much more money to make 5 or 6 inches of clearance.

How did you make your DIY brackets? I have can choose from Lowe's, Home Depot or Menard's for supplies.

- Nick
Posted By: SirQuack Re: qs8 speaker mounts for ceiling - 09/01/07 10:35 PM
Yes, I'm sure that Axiom sees no issues with the clearance issues, but a little longer would have been cool.

I found some shelf brackets at menards that had a black plastic cover that snaps off. I screwed the main bracket into my ceiling studs where the wires came out. Here are some older pics and a newer pic.

© Axiom Message Boards