Axiom Home Page
Well, I'm back. Kinda. I see that no M100's have been released so I guess I haven't missed much.

As you all may or may not know, I'm a college kid who crams thousands of dollars of Hi-Fi audio equipment into his dorm room to the delight and frustration of my fellow dorm mates.

Without further a due...the pictures. This is my BEST set up yet. We just watched 300 and as soon as it was over one guy said "That was F$*#ing [Email]kick@$$!"[/Email] I suppose he liked the experience.

This year we aren't allowed lofts and we got all new furniture. So, that added to the creative juices for the setup. If you remember my pictures from last year it is the SAME room but a completely DIFFERENT setup and furniture. I had to get creative with zip ties to pull this one off...so...here goes.

Last year's setup:

This Year's Setup!! (Same Room)

The seating...this is 3 photos stitched together. This is VERY tight quarters if you can't tell. Since the perspective is off it looks like the QS4's are different heights, but they are exactly the same height.

My Roomate's 37" TV and my Axioms all set up nice and purdy. Computer up top and HSU sub down below my desk. The bass response is beautiful in the room setup. I was very surprised. I don't have to move it at all which is awesome!

Rear Right surround...note the use of zip ties. The zip tie going around the wood holds down the other zip tie so it can't be knocked off. That would be bad if my QS4 fell down.

Rear Left surround...I ran zip ties through the clips and through the holes in my old surround "wooden flag" I used last year. I accidentally forgot my QS4 brackets but I couldn't have used them anyways. So, two zip tie loops go through the QS4 and the 2 holes in the wood, so it just hangs there. I zip tied one of the loops to the main peice of wood and jammed a spare 2x4 in there and voila...it stays at a perfect angle.

So that's my set up! We just watched 300 in HD (my friend got it somehow) and it was simply awesome. There are some VERY cool surround segments in there. Well mixed.

If you note at one point in the movie...when you hear the boy whisper to Leonidas, you can actually hear the static of the kid's mic channel being switched on and off. If you listen for it...it's pretty obvious. They must have really had to boost his output or something.

Anyways...the room is set up completely different than last year, the walk way on the left accesses the entranceway/closet area, and there is a little "cave" under the beds where dressers and my fridge is.

Hope you enjoyed the pics!

Does axiom give out "most creative setup" awards so I can get an EP500?
Welcome back. Your dorm room looks like fun... again.
Where do you sleep?
Quote:

Where do you sleep?

C'mon, Tex, this is college--you sleep wherever you pass out!

Dan, welcome back. I can't believe you manage to cram so much stuff into one tiny dorm room. You make me realize how lucky I was to get a University-owned apartment. Glad to see you have a larger TV now.
Welcome back Dan, I'm guessing you had a great summer since we haven't heard from you. The setup looks great!
Tex, not all of us studied in college. We just sat back and enjoyed the music..
Quote:

Where do you sleep?

My bed is in level with the surrounds. Roomate's bed is directly below. You can see it behind the pillows above the white couch.

Thanks guys!
Quote:

Yeah, you're right. I can recall a few librarians who gently woke me some mornings and served me home-made muffins . I don't know how I ever made it through those years.
Quote:

Quote:

I can recall a few librarians who gently woke me some mornings and served me home-made muffins .

....but not at the library, eh stud??
You lose points for lack of duct tape, but other than that, I give the setup a 9.3 on the resourcefulness scale.
Quote:

You lose points for lack of duct tape, but other than that, I give the setup a 9.3 on the resourcefulness scale.

Maybe he's using the new clear stuff!
Quote:

Darn...I have it being used to hold up signs on the door...does that count?

I think the awesomness of zip ties trumps duct tape. Just my opinion
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I can recall a few librarians who gently woke me some mornings and served me home-made muffins .

....but not at the library, eh stud??

Haha!! Good job Mike.
Jake
Quote:

Yeah, but zip ties don't go with your post title. "Dan's Delirious Dorm Dugout of Doom and Delight with Duct Tape" flows a little better than "Dan's Delirious Dorm Dugout of Doom and Delight with Zip Ties."
Quote:

Quote:

Yeah, but zip ties don't go with your post title. "Dan's Delirious Dorm Dugout of Doom and Delight with Duct Tape" flows a little better than "Dan's Delirious Dorm Dugout of Doom and Delight with Zip Ties."

Gah. You win. :-(
Good job, Charles! Duct tape keeps the alliteration going.
Dan, good to have you back. Again, very impressive allocation of space; appears that you still have enough room for a pair of EP600s.
Ha ha, thanks, Sean, but we made him sad. Oh, wait, maybe that was the point.
Quote:

Dan, good to have you back.

Now if we can get Klipschguy and Spkrgrlll back, we can have ourselves a real party .
Quote:

Ha ha, thanks, Sean, but we made him sad. Oh, wait, maybe that was the point.

Meanie.
Quote:

Meanie.

I said maybe! I could still be good!
Quote:

Dan, good to have you back. Again, very impressive allocation of space; appears that you still have enough room for a pair of EP600s.

Haha.

So I talked to a kid yesterday (he lives across the hall from me) and he said his ceiling was shaking and he had no idea where the bass was coming from. I played along.

Maybe dual EP600's would knock someone's desk over. That would be awesome.
I probably will end up with another EP600 down the road. If only I had the tiny dorm to put them in!

Seriously, that's a really cool setup, and I wish I'd gone to college (a real college, not the local community college), if only for something like that.
Very Impressive!

I shared a 2 bedroom apt. during university but all we had for electronics was my boombox and an old beater TV that required constant repair. Luckily my roommates were taking electronics. Or Wait!!! Maybe that WAS the problem?
Damn! When I was at school, I skipped class for various reasons, but not wanting to leave my room was never one of them.

I must admit tho, I would get seriously clostro in that room.

Funny, I don't see any beer cans hanging around...you go to school in Utah?
No I go to Taylor University. I don't drink.
Quote:

I don't drink.

So that's where you get the money for all of that stuff!
OMG that kid looks just like you after you've had a few.
Quote:

I don't drink.

Good for you, Dan. Because drinking impairs hearing .
Quote:

I don't drink.

I have to give it to you Delirious Dan, I'd never made it through as a sober scholar....nor women posterless either.

Congrats, you did very well with the system big guy!
Quote:

Quote:

I don't drink.

I have to give it to you Delirious Dan, I'd never made it through as a sober scholar....nor women posterless either.

Congrats, you did very well with the system big guy!

Haha...thanks. Right now Mountain Dew Game Fuel is bad enough...that stuff is so good.
And you said you didn't drink.
© Axiom Message Boards