Axiom Home Page
I read many articles at "Audioholics". If I'm correct, I believe that they recommended using direct radiating speakers in a 7.1 system for the rears, and Bipolar/Dipole or Quadpolar speakers for the side speakers. Any input or suggestions regarding this?
For movies I disagree, but to each there own. For music listening in 7.1 many prefer direct radiating for rears. I think the Q's do fine for both.
I've done both. I prefer the Q's all the way around for surrounds, to me they give a better blend than direct radiating speakers.
But all those extra woofers and tweeters cost $$
Quote:

I've done both. I prefer the Q's all the way around for surrounds, to me they give a better blend than direct radiating speakers.

Yes, I agree with this.
Quote:

But all those extra woofers and tweeters cost $$

So true Tom, The problem is once you get involved in this hobby of ours it starts to get difficult to separate the wants from the needs. About once a week I start Jonesing over the new Axiom amp, only strong willpower and the desire not to have my better half strangle me has kept me in check.
Quote:

So true Tom, The problem is once you get involved in this hobby of ours it starts to get difficult to separate the wants from the needs.

Isn't this whole hobby a want? Perhaps I have been misguided...
So very misguided. You need M60s but you want M80s, see the difference.
© Axiom Message Boards